Jordan Belfort - The Wolf of Wall Street

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Iron

Very interesting interview with a guy who went from nowhere to earning $1,000,000 a week (aged 26): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3K92uug ... e=youtu.be

Jeff
steven1976

His book is brilliant. His movie is out next year with dicaprio playing the lead. I think the movie will be a let down to the book to be honest.
steven1976

It was pretty much all robbed money I think though Jeff. The book is still a great read if your into money, hookers,drugs, smuggling, boats and driving helicopters. All at the same time!
Iron

Hi Steven

My understanding is that Belfort admits that he did wrong and conned people, but also says that 95% of what he did was legit (and that he'd be a billionaire if he'd just stuck to the legit stuff). That's not to excuse his wrongdoing - just to put it into context. :)

Jeff
steven1976 wrote:It was pretty much all robbed money I think though Jeff. The book is still a great read if your into money, hookers,drugs, smuggling, boats and driving helicopters. All at the same time!
steven1976

Usually doing right is just a grey area in the law.

I drink in bars that are owned by similar sort of honest people. Have no choice really as they own most of bkk decent bars. A few years ago there was a big bust and the owners got done for not being licenced in Thailand whilst conducting business else where. They got about a 7000 dollar fine and walked away with probably 200 mil dollars. So they didn't really do anything massively wrong because they were real stocks listed on some dodgy exchange where they probably would get in trouble in that country for pumping the stock whilst selling on to people a dream.

I do agree though the guys that run these scams could probably earn a lot of money going legit. They are very focused.
steven1976

Just watched the movie last night and I was expecting to be let down after reading the book as I didn't believe it would live up to the book, but it was the complete opposite. Loved it. That boy lived a dream!

My favourite movie since "the business." :D
hgodden

The movie is great fun, notwithstanding accuracy issues.

Maybe some time you guys will be reading about The Wolf Of Betfair :!:
steven1976

hgodden wrote:The movie is great fun, notwithstanding accuracy issues.

For some reason hgodden, i dont see you and peter quite living the life outside of bf that Belfort did. I'd imagine your both a little but more balanced.
hgodden

steven1976 wrote:
hgodden wrote:The movie is great fun, notwithstanding accuracy issues.

For some reason hgodden, i dont see you and peter quite living the life outside of bf that Belfort did. I'd imagine your both a little but more balanced.
Haha that's just because we're so good at managing public opinion :!:

If you knew the horrifying thruth of the things that me and (especially) Peter ;) got up to there would be riots :lol:
steven1976

I presume the horrible truths that you and Peter are up to was in reference to outside of BF :?: :oops: Not sure about riots as that would surely involve a crowd of at least 5 :lol:
Zenyatta

They could definitely make a movie about me.

New Zealand gambler wins the lottery and jets off to Europe on a mad binge of gambling, travelling and debauchery lasting several months with ever crazier and out of control trades and punts on Betfair, until the lot is blown.

True story :lol:
Euler

Now on Netflix!

Return to “Trading Financial markets”