Anton Kreil - Institute of trading.

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Euler

Trading isn't straightforward so people are always looking for short cuts. That's why they skip from one set of training to another hoping to uncover some great secret, when in fact all they need to do is look in the mirror.

From from the trainers perspective you are a bit doomed. You tend to find that people who can't trade successfully will often will blame the trainer, but people who can will probably end up not giving credit to the people that taught them. Especially if they then go on to try and train others using that information.

So it's a bit of a catch 22 I think.

However I would always advocate getting advice, you just need to be careful where you seek it. Get it from a well qualified expert and it will prove invaluable. But ultimately its still you that has to press the button.
Iron

One thing that sticks out in my mind is him praising a trader who bet big on a hunch. Betting the farm on a gut-based prediction is pretty reckless, in my book...

I also seem to remember that he wasn't impressed when traders wanted to just sit on their hands when they weren't sure what do to (contrary to the advice of trading gurus including Warren Buffet who say that you should only enter the market when there's a good trading opportunity).

Jeff
herbie wrote:He was the bloke who ran the prop shop in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Dollar_Traders on the BBC a few years ago
Iron

Euler wrote:That's why they skip from one set of training to another hoping to uncover some great secret, when in fact all they need to do is look in the mirror.
So would it make sense for newbies to forget about attending a course in the first instance, and instead focus initially on the psychological side of their trading?
Euler wrote:people who can will probably end up not giving credit to the people that taught them. Especially if they then go on to try and train others using that information.
That's bad karma man, peace out! :)

Either that, or organise a charity boxing match with this hypothetical person! :lol: You might even be able to persuade Betfair to open a market on it! :lol:

You could call it 'Battle of the masterclasses', with a strapline of 'Who will be teaching who a lesson?'. :lol:

Jeff
Groovyelms

Great to see that the worshipfull art of scamming is alive and kicking. This thread did make me chuckle.. :D
Dublin_Flyer

I had a look at the video to "Why buy this course" on Antonkreil.com

Didn't see anything to make me buy it, much less it's a completely choreographed sales pitch, same as the guy selling vacuum cleaners door to door on weekends. He also has 2 keyboards, 2 mouses, and a calculator on the desk beside him with the 3 screen display. I hope the course cost includes surgery for adding another pair of arms to use the extra keyboard and mouse.

If anyone is interested in this course, I can make you a much better offer. You see my name is Mujinko Matalo, and my father, our town chief was killed in my homeland of Sudan. I have $4.9 million dollars in a bank account which I need to transfer....... :lol:
steven1976

To be fair peter if the comment Jeff highlighted were aimed at mugsgame, I remember he use to always give you credit where it was due. I'm sure he's called you the top dog at one point.
oscar123

Of course he did steven, he was using his forum to spam his website and recruit all his gullible followers.
Iron

Oh no, not this again! :evil: :? Look, do you really think this forum is enriched by your nasty comments about Steve?!?

BTW, he most definitely didn't use this forum to, as you put it, 'spam his website'.

As for the followers being gullible, some of them are now making decent profits, yet you insult them despite knowing nothing about them. Don't you think that's presumptuous?
oscar123 wrote:Of course he did steven, he was using his forum to spam his website and recruit all his gullible followers.
oscar123

Didn't think it would take long for you to reply Jeff! No I don't think I enrich the forum, nowhere near as much as you do with your 6400 odd posts.

I'm not insulting everybody, it's just my opinion. You seem to hero worship every trader that has a blog. I think you are the most gullible of the lot.

It often amazes me Jeff how you ever got into the world of sports betting and trading. You don't seem to know anything about football, horses or the markets in general and don't seem to have any opinions of your own, just rely on stupid quotes from famous traders or traders with a public profile and go on about discipline and psychology being the answer to everything.

I don't know how successful mugs or his followers are, I have no idea, and the truth is Jeff, neither do you. You just seem to believe everything you are told or read without questioning it.

I know I could be wrong. But it's just for balance. I'm not doubting, or have no reason to doubt that he was once a successful trader, but watching the videos and reading the blog, I just don't see it.

Some people on here who post you can tell by what they write that they know what they are talking about and are clearly very successful in their trading and what they do. I have just never seen him as one of them.

He just comes across to me as someone who is making far more money talking about trading and telling people how to trade than actually trading. How successful he has been in the past is irrelevant in my opinion. The game gets harder and changes all the time, a big winner one year is breaking even the next, it happens all the time.

Though I'm sure you are going to dissect everything that I've wrote and put up counter arguments and go on about horrible , jealous and mean spirited I am and how I ruin the forum with my cynicism and bad vibes!

It's just an opinion Jeff, that's all, neither of us know the truth.
Iron

oscar123 wrote: Though I'm sure you are going to dissect everything that I've wrote and put up counter arguments and go on about horrible , jealous and mean spirited I am and how I ruin the forum with my cynicism and bad vibes!
Not at all, your post gave me a good chuckle (genuinely)! :lol:

I meditate these days, and the beauty of that is that, whilst I still get pissed off occasionally (as I did last night with your mean spirited post), stuff that once would have had me fuming and tied up in knots for hours a year ago generally just goes 'whoosh' over my head! :D You should try it yourself (genuinely), as I sense you carry anger around in you, which can only be damaging for you and the people around you.

Peace and love. :D

Jeff
oscar123

Haha! Thank You Ghandi, I shall bare that in mind!

Perhaps you should set yourself up as some sort of spiritual advisor Jeff? Maybe that is your calling? Maybe that is where you will make your million!

You do seem very well qualified to do so, far better qualified than to be a professional trader.

I'm sure with the right kind of profile and following that there is good money to be made! A lot of the big firms in America all hire spiritual gurus to work with their stressed out angry and unproductive staff!

Good luck to you Jeff.
Iron

oscar123 wrote:Haha! Thank You Ghandi, I shall bare that in mind!
Bearing things in mind is a route to never ending procrastination (note spelling).

Do it or accept that you'll go through life making the same mistakes. Believe me, I know.

And yes, I realise that you were being sarcastic/passive aggressive, and you have no intention of becoming a nicer/happier person (although maybe offline you are a nice guy), but hopefully someone will benefit from this exchange. You may want to carry around the burden of your negative emotions, but some people want to be happy. And btw, don't confuse cynicism and critical thinking. :)

Anyway, feel free to have the last word. Take your best shot. :D

Admins - Is there a way of blocking people in the forum? As on Twitter, I really don't want to waste my time with trolls, and would love it if I could just block them and leave them talking to themselves! :lol:

Jeff
Iron

Admins -

Can we make a rule that Mugs and his courses are no longer mentioned in the forum?

The bitchiness towards someone whose only crime is to offer coaching for traders lowers the tone of the forum. I don't want this forum to become like other forums I won't name... :?

Jeff
oscar123

I did actually go to the trouble of googling my bares and my bears, though still managed to get it wrong!

I was actually being genuine in taking on board what you said, its something i know i need to work on. Though to me psychology and discpline etc isnt the difference between winning and losing, its the difference between winning and winning big.

I was also being genuine in suggesting that maybe you could make a lot of money in a different field. You are clearly an intelligent man Jeff, it would be of no surprise to me at all if you were to make a million, though i would be absolutely shocked to bits if you were to make it trading/gambling.

Namaste!
oscar123

Admins -

Can we make a rule that Anton Kreil and his courses are no longer mentioned in the forum?

The bitchiness towards someone whose only crime is to offer coaching for traders lowers the tone of the forum. I don't want this forum to become like other forums I won't name.

Return to “Trading Financial markets”