Italy : the great migration of capitals

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
giulio2010

I have a question for the experts.
In the last two months 67 billion euro have left the Italian banks to migrate abroad, according to forecasts the number is likely to grow up to December 2014. What does this migration indicate? I have some money deposited in Italy, in your opinion should I be worried?
And what are the implications if there was really something in the air?
I have also contacted my former-mentor but, I d like to view different opinions as well before making up my mind.
Golfer

Migration of funds alone doesnt tell you much, watching yields is a better indicator of what a market is pricing in.

Whether you want money in Italy is another question, if you hunt around you should be able to find some bank research papers on Italy.
Iron

What's Enzabella's view on this?

Give Stef my regards. :)

Jeff
giulio2010 wrote: I have also contacted my former-mentor but, I d like to view different opinions as well before making up my mind.
giulio2010

she
Ferru123 wrote:What's Enzabella's view on this?

Give Stef my regards. :)

Jeff
She explained that is a set of events. Many young people and also over thirties are emigrating to England and Germany, in fact many capitals have moved to German accounts, perhaps savings or parents help to begin with in order to rebuild their lives with a bit more dignity. Many medium and small companies have moved abroad and with them their capital, the pressure of taxes is killing those companies so many decied to try their luck abroad where there are tax advantages. Then there are the pensioners who oddly trying to live abroad where the cost of living is cheaper. Like hungary, romania, poland, south america and some part of asia. Then there are the Chinese, Romanians and Indians, who have increased in recent years in Italy, They also re-invest their earnings in their own country. We have to see if this trend continues or not, but at the moment I was advised not to worry although lately she focuses invest in more abroad than in Italy. My fear is if the government decides to implement the forced withdrawals of people savings in case of economic emergency. I hear the Mr bean Renzi is thinking to do that.
I have been to Germany for business, I really liked it there so I am thinking also to move there and with my capitals.
Is one of the best country I have lived, there are not as flexible as the British but they are very organized and they dont mind italians, hehehe!! :lol:

Return to “Trading Financial markets”