Trading Psychology : Pressure getting to me

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
eightbo

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:03 pm

I talk a lot about habits/behaviours, I came across this resource today with a good page illustrating things

Found it from searching up "long-term success not short-term perfection".
I love that phrase and I first came onto it from MMA fighter Michael Chandler talking about flow state and his successes/failures (v. good watch)

I had a couple hiccups today in the trading session but whereas before I was a super perfectionist and created all this resistance to my mistakes (typically only then making things worse), now I'm way more forgiving living by this new philosophy and find it really helps keep the bigger picture in mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wearthefoxhat

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:51 pm

eightbo wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:03 pm
I talk a lot about habits/behaviours, I came across this resource today with a good page illustrating things

Found it from searching up "long-term success not short-term perfection".
I love that phrase and I first came onto it from MMA fighter Michael Chandler talking about flow state and his successes/failures (v. good watch)

I had a couple hiccups today in the trading session but whereas before I was a super perfectionist and created all this resistance to my mistakes (typically only then making things worse), now I'm way more forgiving living by this new philosophy and find it really helps keep the bigger picture in mind.
Good watch.

That's why I post up some of my "better" trades. To create a mental highlight reel and get myself into the flow state and to do well.

stueytrader

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:51 pm

Nice video I agree.

Maybe there are some correlations with a professional MMA fighter and professional trader - it's a bit like do or die out there in either domain. ;)

Return to “Trading Psychology”

• Information