Pitbull

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
marksmeets302

The book that I count as a turning point in my life is Pitbull by Marty Schwartz. Not going to spoil much, but it's about a guy with a career going nowhere and a burning desire to make it as a trader. At times hilarious, often thrilling and sometimes sad but mostly inspiring.

Being an ex-marine he approaches the markets with a kill or be killed attitude. But he's also a totally superstitious goofball, losing a million when his wife is out shopping for a new coat.

Schwartz also features in Jack Schwagers Market Wizards, and is owner of several race horses.

At the HFT firm I used to work for our software was called the same as that books title, and I used to give away copies of the book to new people that joined the company. I must be responsible for a significant number of books sold. Maybe I should ask Schwartz for a signed copy :-).

The book is very well written, you'll have a hard time putting it down. In fact, you'll probably read it again and again.

Return to “Trading Psychology”