A laugh or smile changes everything!

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
JollyGreen

Hi Guys

I am struggling today with health issues, nothing new for me with this stupid condition but hey ho, I am ahead on points and hoping the powers that be do not stop the fight!

Anyway, some of you who have met me know I have an autistic son. He can be hard work but I wouldn't want him any other way. He comes out with some real gems at times and today he did it again.

It was Father's Day yesterday and he knows my favourite treat is a bar of Cadbury's Wholenut. He bought me a bar after his Mum forced him to do so and reminded him what day it was!

Today, I am feeling awful and my son appears. He walked in grinned, at me and handed over a Father's Day card :lol: "Sorry, I forgot yesterday" he said!

I opened the card and the words made me laugh and cry all at the same time, both due to the joy! It read....

"Dad, thanks for fixing all my stuff when it breaks down!"

Priceless!
PeterLe

Good to hear mate! :D
I remember my daughter writing me a card (think it was a birthday card) when she was small (she's 28 now! with her own small daughter)...she wrote "Dad's wise, he never lies he's got glasses for his eyes!"...we still laugh even now when we mention it! :D

Regards
Peter
sweetybt

Hey Jolly, Peter,

I played golf with a couple of mates yesterday(sounds posh but it was the first time for a year). I think we lost 16 balls between us. One of them has a kid with Aspergers. The other night his son who has just turned 13 flipped him the bird and told him to "Fuck off Dad". He went upstairs to talk to him to be met with a perfectly written note on the bedroom door repeating "FUCK OFF DAD!". He was shocked at the fantastic standard of the hand writing, he gave is son a hug and told him less of off the "Fuck off" next time. An amazing man who has to expend a huge amount of patience everyday.

I am working a lot now with youth offenders. I have concluded it is a much more confusing world our kids have to grow up in now. We were tempted by fags and booze in our time. These days the brightest of our our generation are employed not to enhance our society but to addict the less bright to gaming and gambling apps, social media and generally reduce their attention span and resilience.

God bless fathers
JollyGreen

I've had the same kind of thing! My son has Asperger's and he says it as he sees it. One day we decided to grab an ice cream from the nearby van. A rather large lady was walking away with a large cone. My son approached her and calmy said "I think you've had too many of those, don't you?!"

:shock: She did take it in good spirit!
andyfuller

My Nephew did a similar one recently, he is 4.

At the supermarket he went up to a lady and said 'there's a baby in there'. Pointing to her stomach.

She wasn't pregnant :lol:

Likewise he has done it to my brother in law.

P.S. Good to see you back and alive Sweetybt. It's been a while! Hope you are well.
BobHigt

aw, your son sounds amazing :)

Return to “Trading Psychology”