Mystic Webb???

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Dallas

Its amazing what you can come across on the Interweb
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_o ... 555559.stm
convoysur-2

thats a f*&king mad story,
and if some one else told it i would never believe it.
mad as a box of frogs that is.
mr webb,new trend for dreams please,
you know if peter took a day off trading he would find 10 grand walking up the street,cangrats on the 500/1..
Marc
Euler

Now you know why the football module is named Soccer Mystic!
convoysur-2

Euler wrote:Now you know why the football module is named Soccer Mystic!
lol
marko236

Letiss hasn't said anything yet, probably paralized due to the shock of such an action. :lol:
LeTiss

Ah yes 2005.....back in the days when Saints couldn't defend and Peter Webb had hair :D

I wouldn't exactly say it was soccer mystic working, it was more like a dream

I've had many dreams about Holly Willoughby, but I wouldn't place money on any of them happening!
stueytrader

Did you really get a 500/1 bet on it Peter, and which bookie!?

Impressive! :shock:
Euler

There is a funny back story to that. The bookie in question tried to palp me and that's half the reason the story got into the press at which point they turned around and honoured the bet on the basis I didn't discuss it with the press! The story changed from bookies turn down winning punter to the one you saw on the BBC.
stueytrader

Euler wrote:There is a funny back story to that. The bookie in question tried to palp me and that's half the reason the story got into the press at which point they turned around and honoured the bet on the basis I didn't discuss it with the press! The story changed from bookies turn down winning punter to the one you saw on the BBC.
Ah, interesting, they tried to welch on the bet at 500's...swines they are. How could they palp a bet on a goal and time, that could easily have been 800's or 400's..

But is the other parts of the story still correct I presume, you had the dream about the precise minute of the goal (scorer too?), and backed that at 500's...?
Euler

stueytrader wrote:But is the other parts of the story still correct I presume, you had the dream about the precise minute of the goal (scorer too?), and backed that at 500's...?
Yes, I kept a load of records of the prediction and result to laugh at, at some point in the future. Nobody would actually take the bet so it had to be done as a special, but they still disputed that it should have been taken in the first place.

Given what has happened since it's always amusing to see it mentioned so much as I've dwarfed this with my activity on exchanges, but it doesn't make for anywhere near as a colourful story.
stueytrader

Euler wrote:
stueytrader wrote:But is the other parts of the story still correct I presume, you had the dream about the precise minute of the goal (scorer too?), and backed that at 500's...?
Yes, I kept a load of records of the prediction and result to laugh at, at some point in the future. Nobody would actually take the bet so it had to be done as a special, but they still disputed that it should have been taken in the first place.

Given what has happened since it's always amusing to see it mentioned so much as I've dwarfed this with my activity on exchanges, but it doesn't make for anywhere near as a colourful story.
That's an amazing story for sure, typical it involves the bookies trying to be tight about it and well done for not letting them get away with that!

Return to “Trading Psychology”