The physical toll of all this....

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
ShaunWhite

knome wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:I'm too old and smoke too much to deal with stress as well :|
Ooh! Get on the vape old chap. I was a 40 year smoker but have been 3 years cig-free using the vape. Currently tooting some divine Ginger Rogers (ginger custard flavour vape).
:D
Tried the vapes, i found it like smoking cooking oil.....not a fan.
ShaunWhite

andyfuller wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:Now I don't want to become a figure of hate (excuse the pun) but I have the opposite problem, I'm not eating enough. 9.5st and falling... I can't find time to eat properly and I live on energy giving sugary coffee and hunger supressing special roll-ups
Excuse me being blunt, but you have the time to smoke but not the time to eat healthy and your losing weight. If you haven't been for a check up at your doctors may I suggest you do. Unplanned weight loss is not a good sign at all especially if you are a smoker, weight loss can be a sign of cancer.

As for living on energy giving sugary coffee may I suggest you ditch both as both just give you a short hit but in fact will make you less alert and have less energy long term.

You need a massive overhaul of your health and lifestyle. Eating healthy for some reason people think is time consuming - I can assure you it isn't, just as not going in play is easy. The trouble is your mindset.

For your long term benefit I would suggest you stop wasting time posting on the forum and spend that time improving your lifestyle and eating healthy.

Also don't go to Vape's - dig into the research and you will see why. Just give it all up as otherwise to be blunt you are wasting your time learning to trade - there's a good chance you won't be around long enough to reap any of the benefits.

You have two things in your life that are more important than anything else, your time and your health - you seem to be neglecting both extremely badly and should reassess.

As I say excuse me being blunt but I feel you need to hear it.
Ouch...I'm not going to argue with any of that advice, you're right....to a degree.

But....in my defence I'm 52...I've been this way for over 30 years. I've been the same waist size and weight (withing a stone) since I was 18. I never touch a drop of alcohol, I walk the dog twice a day, and when I eat, I eat good healthy nutritious food...just not very much of it or very often, so i'm a bit too thin. I do smoke about a dozen a day, but never crap-filled ready rolled fags, I buy organically grown tobacco with no additives...it's still a killer but has very little tar and no added cyanide. I've had a full head to toe medical in the last 3 months and passed with good results.

lol "wasting your time learning to trade" ... i've been trading on and off, for nearly 10 years. You never stop learning but I'm not new to trading, even though I'm new to BA and this forum..I spent years trading in my own little bubble, but I have ramped things up a bit lately and found a new enthusiasm. When I do that, I get obsessive and time evaporates.

As for 'time to smoke' ....smoking takes zero time out of my day.

"I would suggest you stop wasting time posting on the forum " ahhhh that's one of my newly found pleasures :( and if i do that, how will I see your words of wisdom ?

Andy, I know your reply came from a 'good place' but the world of trading, by it's nature, is full of mavericks so It's not suprising if some of us have less than ideal lifestyle choices.

My message wasn't a cry for help that needed intervention, it was just a few light-hearted words on the 'health' topic to illustrate how it's not just an issue for fat blokes.

Time and health are important, but i've spent my working life on something far more important than my own selfish needs; building a secure future for my family. I might not last long, but on my death bed I'll have peace of mind, knowing that there's already enough in my pension and investments for at least 1 or 2 generations to never have to worry about money.

Andy... we're all going to die of something one day..even you. So do everything you enjoy far too much, live by your own rules and stop worrying about a future you might not live to see.

From what I've seen of old age it's bloody miserable, 'old age isn't for the faint-hearted' as my 85yo mum says. So I'm not going to spend 40 years being as healthy as I can, just so I can spend an extra 10 years dribbling down my shirt in a £600 a week old people's home, because my body has outlived my brain. I saw more than enough of that with my Dad who was mercifully taken last year.

..seriously though, thanks for your concern Mr Andy 'tough love' Fuller. But you've no need to waste a minute of your expected 150 year lifespan on me, go and jog round the block and liquidize some kale instead, if that's what floats your boat ;)
Wobbler

if anybody is thinking they're really out of shape and need something to change things around or just want to feel better then i would suggest maybe looking at ddp yoga it has some incredible turnaround stories. especially this one from a gulf war veteran - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

With so many top athletes and ex athletes only having good things to say and seeing their progress it's well worth looking into, its basically a combination of yoga poses and core strength exercises all put together to get the best out of each.

Return to “Trading Psychology”