Not a trading question, just for Greyhound automation.

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Andrew654321

Hi

Can Bet Angel use the result from the race to decide on selection for next race at same meeting.

i.e. If Trap 3 wins the 11.11 Hove can I automate to place a bet on the same trap on the next race at Hove the 11.26?

and so on through the Hove card

Thanks & Regards

Andrew
Dallas

Not with guardians advanced automation as Betfair dont issue the results of races, you would need to use excel to import the results data from another web source outside Betfair then write your automation in excel using the results as part of it.
LeTiss

What's your knowledge of Excel like, Andrew?

There's a few here that could help you with that, if you're stumped
Andrew654321

Thanks Dallas & LeTiss

My knowledge of excel is ok, but have no understanding about how to import live results.

So help would be very much appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Andrew
Dallas

I'de start with the tutorial vids on using excel with Bet Angel, then move onto creating some simple rules to familirize yourself with how it works after that you can look to be more creative and start importing data from external sources.

As Letiss has said if you get stuck anywhere (and you likely will) just post a question their is many experienced excel users on here who can guide you in the right direction
workpeter

You need a way to interface with dynamic HTML pages, parse the data and feed into excel. use a website which is structured easy to read from.

I wouldnt be suprised if this could all be achieved directly in excel/vba. Although ive done it using different software which still required custom code.

Before undertaking this venture i would find historical data which justifys the effort.
Andrew654321

Thanks for the great advice guys, will be in touch, have a fantastic week!

Regards Andrew

Return to “Trading Psychology”