Trader Personality Profiles

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
mjmorris335

Entrepreneur Personality (ESTP, -A/-T)

Which probably reflects my somewhat chequered work history.

Mike
LeTiss

Not sure how true that is though, as it describes me as being arrogant, judgemental, and loathing anyone who prefers stability and safety over self-determination :lol:
Euler

I think it's interesting as I'm expecting a few profiles to be common on here. But for different reasons. I think we have some deep thinkers but also some entrepreneur styles as well. I'd be interested in getting as many as possible just for our own self-reflection.

I found this site after I found a profile I did in the early 90's. It's amazing how much I've changed, but I knew that anyway.
LeTiss

Yes, but I've been self-employed for nearly 9 years now Peter, yet our personalities couldn't be more diverse

It just proves that anybody can succeed at this game, especially if you recognise your own weaknesses and find a way to keep a lid on them when trading markets
Euler

I thought you would be more extroverted but it looks like we are at opposing ends of the scale
RentonT

Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:52 am
It's amazing how much I've changed, but I knew that anyway.
Really interested to know how you have changed please?
LeTiss

Yes, but this job has changed me mate - 10 years ago, I would have been considerably more extroverted. However, a decade of sitting at home on my own, with no family life to keep me more rounded and grounded, has led to me becoming more withdrawn and isolated from normal life.
Dallas

Im quiet looking forward to doing mine later today im always curious to know what these type of things reveal
laurencestanley

CAMPAIGNER (ENFP-T)

In some aspects, it wasn't a result I expected! Interesting though.
richrich1963

Architect (INTJ-A)
66% Introverted
55% Intuitive
66% Thinking
88% Judging
69% Assertive
Euler

RentonT wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:07 pm
Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:52 am
It's amazing how much I've changed, but I knew that anyway.
Really interested to know how you have changed please?
Based on the scores in this test. I'll explain what led to the changes.

Mind, I used to be fairly introverted but now I 've completely flipped to extroverted. I've just learnt to be bold and adventurous, it's led to many doors opening for me so I fear little now. I used to be quite fearful.

Energy, Intuitive. I've learnt to use not only logical but typically use insight and hunches to pursue new angles. I used to be 100% logical. I like the description they use which is me to a tee - "Intuitive individuals are very imaginative, open-minded and curious. They prefer novelty over stability and focus on hidden meanings and future possibilities". I think this goes hand in hand with the previous one.

Nature, thinking. I've become more trustworthy of my views and experiences and therefore tend to base decisions on that rather than think about their impact. I'm much quicker to spot an opportunity and act on it now and not worry about the outcome. I've just learnt that's the way to take opportunities. I would often procrastinate in the past and that cost me a lot of opportunities. I prefer to make mistakes and learn from them now.

Tactics, prospecting. I'm always on the look out for opportunities, always. They are all there, you just need to find them. I'd often not look in the past if I couldn't explain it, but of course you can't explain everything. I've learnt to trust my instinct more.

All tests are subject to bias of course. But interesting nonetheless. It's certainly very different from old profiles I did.
RentonT

Thanks Peter, that's fascinating.

How would you (if at all) like to change in the future?

I ask this because although we got the same personality on the test, I am looking at my weaknesses which applies to all areas of my life, not just trading.

The main ones are:

- Not enjoying doing the boring routine day to day jobs/work/grind.
- Not being organised and setting plans/schedules and sticking to them.
- Not being able to follow through and achieve what I want.
- Poor discipline.
- Procrastination

Also, although I am an extrovert, I can sometimes be a complete recluse and shut myself off away from everything and everyone.
ruthlessimon

I think I was an analyst a few months ago, but I've turned into a mediator!

-I must say the breakdowns are very accurate these days
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ricardodeano

“The Advocate” (INFJ-A)

Personality type: “The Advocate” (INFJ-A)
Individual traits: Introverted – 77%, Intuitive – 85%, Feeling – 59%, Judging – 65%, Assertive – 58%
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Confident Individualism

I'm Mother Teresa!!!
Euler

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm
I think I was an analyst a few months ago, but I've turned into a mediator!

-I must say the breakdowns are very accurate these days
:lol:

Return to “Trading Psychology”