Trader Personality Profiles

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
LeTiss

:lol: Shaun White my new bestie
HRacing

Are there any more Virtuoso personalities out there :( :D
ricardodeano

Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:52 am
I think it's interesting as I'm expecting a few profiles to be common on here. But for different reasons. I think we have some deep thinkers but also some entrepreneur styles as well. I'd be interested in getting as many as possible just for our own self-reflection.

I found this site after I found a profile I did in the early 90's. It's amazing how much I've changed, but I knew that anyway.
Hi Peter. Do you think BA / trading changed your personality? Your personality was already in a state of flux at the start of your trading career or was it a symbiotic relationship between personality and trading?

It would appear 2017 is a year of intense self reflection for me as it stands (probably entering mid life crisis territory!!!) but I can't help feeling that trading is exposing personal weaknesses that I am enjoying discovering and learning to correct.
Geordie

Architect (INTJ-T) for me.

Very interesting and scarily accurate.
Mark-H

The Adventurer (ISFP-A)

54% introverted
53% observant
51% feeling
56% prospecting
76% assertive

Apparently, "Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others."

It doesn't say whether I'll actually be successful at it though!
sionascaig

Commander....

I really need someone to do all my trading for me, any volunteers?
ShaunWhite

Geordie wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:11 am
Architect (INTJ-T) for me.

Very interesting and scarily accurate.
There seems to be more of 'our type' than would occur randomly.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Indeed, I'm wondering if this trading lark naturally appeals to those individuals who are by their own admittance are quite insular
LeTiss

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:28 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

Indeed, I'm wondering if this trading lark naturally appeals to those individuals who are by their own admittance quite insular
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:28 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

Indeed, I'm wondering if this trading lark naturally appeals to those individuals who are by their own admittance are quite insular
Just misunderstood lone wolves LeTiss, either going to end up trading or on the 6 o'clock news.
matt2k7

Really enjoying this thread, test results...

Personality type: “The Entrepreneur” (ESTP-A)
Individual traits:
Extraverted – 59%,
Observant – 53%,
Thinking – 66%,
Prospecting – 74%,
Assertive – 91%
Role: Explorer
Strategy: People Mastery

Found this pretty much on point, especially this "ESTPs leap before they look, fixing their mistakes as they go, rather than sitting idle, preparing contingencies and escape clauses."

Like many, it has changed dramatically over the years, expect it to be rather different still in the coming years.
marksmeets302

Personality type: “The Mediator” (INFP-A)
Individual traits: Introverted – 60%, Intuitive – 66%, Feeling – 51%, Prospecting – 60%, Assertive – 83%
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Confident Individualism

A couple of years ago I was classified as INTJ (architect)

Why this is called a mediator is beyond me; I rejoice when people just leave me alone.
max_usted

Adding mine to the collection:

LOGICIAN (INTP-A)

MIND: INTROVERTED - 71%, EXTRAVERT 29%
ENERGY: INTUITIVE - 80%, OBSERVANT 20%
NATURE: THINKING - 90%, FEELING 10%
TACTICS: PROSPECTING - 82%, JUDGING 18%
IDENTITY: ASSERTIVE - 79%, TURBULENT 21%

"They are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads" - ha ha, this is me.

I've done this test before and always get this type.
Pontius Fascias-Inn

Mark-H wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:21 pm
The Adventurer (ISFP-A)

54% introverted
53% observant
51% feeling
56% prospecting
76% assertive

Apparently, "Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others."
You and Me Mark-H :D

ADVENTURER (ISFP-T)

Interesting that everyone highlighted their predominant characteristic but not the inverse of it.
But then again maybe that's more important to my personality type as the opening quote for mine is :

"I change during the course of a day. I wake and I’m one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I’m somebody else." - Bob Dylan

63% introverted <<MIND>> 37% extroverted - how we interact with the environment
63% observant <<ENERGY>> 37% intuitive - where we direct our mental energy
52% feeling <<NATURE>> 48% thinking - how we make decisions and cope with emotions
75% prospecting <<TACTICS>> 25% judging - our approach to work, planning & decision-making
71% turbulent <<IDENTITY>> 29% assertive - how confident we are in our abilities & decisions

Apparently :
Explorer - is my role, which is supposed to determine my goals, interests & preferred activities.
Constant Improvement - is my strategy, which determines how I approach everyday situations and achieve my goals.

So in a nutshell, the turbulent bit, I can definitely agree with!!!
Adventurer tho ? Well I do hate camping, and although I do watch Bear Grylls, its only to watch him drinking his own pi#$, or falling off the occasional rock cliff face.
stueytrader

Interesting reading through these posts, and the different results people had.

I came out as 'Advocate' which seems to fit me for sure - don't mind discussing ideas, but essentially can be rather idealistic in my thinking, and though I may present as confident have introvert tendencies - yep, that's me. Like the fact it said I'm capable of achieving despite being a dreamer at heart, I hope so!

Apparantly, I'm also one of the rarest of the types (I think there was only one other 'Advocate' who posted on here earlier). Nice to be told I'm rare :D

Return to “Trading Psychology”