Trader Personality Profiles

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
matt2k7

Really enjoying this thread, test results...

Personality type: “The Entrepreneur” (ESTP-A)
Individual traits:
Extraverted – 59%,
Observant – 53%,
Thinking – 66%,
Prospecting – 74%,
Assertive – 91%
Role: Explorer
Strategy: People Mastery

Found this pretty much on point, especially this "ESTPs leap before they look, fixing their mistakes as they go, rather than sitting idle, preparing contingencies and escape clauses."

Like many, it has changed dramatically over the years, expect it to be rather different still in the coming years.
marksmeets302

Personality type: “The Mediator” (INFP-A)
Individual traits: Introverted – 60%, Intuitive – 66%, Feeling – 51%, Prospecting – 60%, Assertive – 83%
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Confident Individualism

A couple of years ago I was classified as INTJ (architect)

Why this is called a mediator is beyond me; I rejoice when people just leave me alone.
max_usted

Adding mine to the collection:

LOGICIAN (INTP-A)

MIND: INTROVERTED - 71%, EXTRAVERT 29%
ENERGY: INTUITIVE - 80%, OBSERVANT 20%
NATURE: THINKING - 90%, FEELING 10%
TACTICS: PROSPECTING - 82%, JUDGING 18%
IDENTITY: ASSERTIVE - 79%, TURBULENT 21%

"They are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads" - ha ha, this is me.

I've done this test before and always get this type.
Pontius Fascias-Inn

Mark-H wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:21 pm
The Adventurer (ISFP-A)

54% introverted
53% observant
51% feeling
56% prospecting
76% assertive

Apparently, "Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others."
You and Me Mark-H :D

ADVENTURER (ISFP-T)

Interesting that everyone highlighted their predominant characteristic but not the inverse of it.
But then again maybe that's more important to my personality type as the opening quote for mine is :

"I change during the course of a day. I wake and I’m one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I’m somebody else." - Bob Dylan

63% introverted <<MIND>> 37% extroverted - how we interact with the environment
63% observant <<ENERGY>> 37% intuitive - where we direct our mental energy
52% feeling <<NATURE>> 48% thinking - how we make decisions and cope with emotions
75% prospecting <<TACTICS>> 25% judging - our approach to work, planning & decision-making
71% turbulent <<IDENTITY>> 29% assertive - how confident we are in our abilities & decisions

Apparently :
Explorer - is my role, which is supposed to determine my goals, interests & preferred activities.
Constant Improvement - is my strategy, which determines how I approach everyday situations and achieve my goals.

So in a nutshell, the turbulent bit, I can definitely agree with!!!
Adventurer tho ? Well I do hate camping, and although I do watch Bear Grylls, its only to watch him drinking his own pi#$, or falling off the occasional rock cliff face.
stueytrader

Interesting reading through these posts, and the different results people had.

I came out as 'Advocate' which seems to fit me for sure - don't mind discussing ideas, but essentially can be rather idealistic in my thinking, and though I may present as confident have introvert tendencies - yep, that's me. Like the fact it said I'm capable of achieving despite being a dreamer at heart, I hope so!

Apparantly, I'm also one of the rarest of the types (I think there was only one other 'Advocate' who posted on here earlier). Nice to be told I'm rare :D
Krita

Very cool topic!

Here's my result: MEDIATOR PERSONALITY (INFP, -A/-T)
68% INTROVERTED
62%INTUITIVE
58%FEELING
51%PROSPECTING
64%TURBULENT
Original-Soultrader

me too, debater, which is strange because 20 years ago i took the myers briggs test and got ENTJ
Dave Angel

Cool thread!

My results....

Personality type: “The Advocate” (INFJ-T)
Individual traits: Introverted – 58%, Intuitive – 63%, Feeling – 53%, Judging – 67%, Turbulent – 57%
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Constant Improvement
ShaunWhite

Was interesting doing this again after a year. I'm still the same type, only small % diff generally but 20% less confident in my decision making which might or might not be a good thing. I was probably a bit over before.

Most interesting though is doing this for/with your partner. Together 26yrs and fascinating finding out who we each think we are. Mostly pretty accurate of course after so many years.
ruthlessimon

Thought I'd do mine again:

“THE LOGICIAN” (INTP-T)

64% INTROVERTED
76% INTUITIVE
51%THINKING
65% PROSPECTING
65% TURBULENT
Euler

DEBATER PERSONALITY (ENTP, -A/-T)
max_usted

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:01 pm
Thought I'd do mine again:

“THE LOGICIAN” (INTP-T)

64% INTROVERTED
76% INTUITIVE
51%THINKING
65% PROSPECTING
65% TURBULENT
Good man. The best type.
ruthlessimon

One of the problems I noticed was it's heavily biased towards "recent activities". A change of hobbies would quickly change those results I reckon (i.e. suddenly looking after older relatives/care home apprenticeship probably gets you a "Defender" personality, because you give extra emphasis to the caring bits etc.). Also being aware of what "attributes I know I should have" & biasing them was something I noticed. Personally, I don't see myself as super logical, but trading demands me to be logical
Black Ice

Be good to get your %s Euler.

I'm Executive (ESTJ-a): whatever that means!
Extraverted: 72%
Observant: 88%
Thinking : 65%
Judging: 96%
Assertive: 82%

I've noticed nearly all the good traders on here have a high Intraverted score....maybe that's why I'm crap at pre-race trading!!!
max_usted

Black Ice wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:26 pm
Be good to get your %s Euler.

I'm Executive (ESTJ-a): whatever that means!
Extraverted: 72%
Observant: 88%
Thinking : 65%
Judging: 96%
Assertive: 82%

I've noticed nearly all the good traders on here have a high Intraverted score....maybe that's why I'm crap at pre-race trading!!!
I wouldn't have thought that this would affect how good you are at (the actual process of) trading, rather your preference for the lifestyle that comes with it. I couldn't imagine that extroverts would cope well with a profession that doesn't involve working/interacting with other people very much.

Return to “Trading Psychology”