Trader Personality Profiles

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Euler

Throughout my career, I've often taken personality profiles. It's amazing to see how I've evolved over the years and ended up where I am now.

I recently stumbled across this site and thought it would be interesting to compare our profiles and see if we are similar or not: -

https://www.16personalities.com/
Euler

I came out as : “THE DEBATER” (ENTP-A)
LeTiss

My results were - Architect (INTJ-t)

92% Introverted, 71% Intuitive, 66% Thinking, 56% Prospecting, 69% Turbulent

What that says about me, and my life as a trader, I have no idea!
Last edited by LeTiss on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Tulip

"Logician" , I'd say that describes me very well.

66% Introverted, 77% Intuitive, 52% Thinking, 61% Prospecting, 51% Turbulent.

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality
RentonT

personality test.png
I came out as Debater ENTP-A

Just about to read all about it now on the next page.

I got "Analyst" and "People Mastery" as my little stars or whatever you would call it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RentonT

Interesting reading all of the detail afterwards, the negative points highlighted were spot on, helpful exercise.
foxwood

DEBATER (ENTP-A)

Does this constitute a value bet with 3 out of 5 results declared :lol:
RentonT

foxwood wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:03 am
DEBATER (ENTP-A)

Does this constitute a value bet with 3 out of 5 results declared :lol:
Well apparently they say we make up 3% of the population :lol:
HRacing

Virtuoso Personality (ISTP, -A/-T)

Great in a Crisis – With all this hands-on creativity and spontaneity, it’s no wonder that Virtuosos are naturals in crisis situations. People with this personality type usually enjoy a little physical risk, and they aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty when the situation calls for it.

Risky Behavior – This stubbornness, difficulty with others’ emotions, focus on the moment, and easy boredom can lead to unnecessary and unhelpful boundary-pushing, just for fun. Virtuosos have been known to escalate conflict and danger just to see where it goes, something that can have disastrous consequences for everyone around if they lose control of the situation.

Seem to compliment each other :D
Jukebox

I too came out as Debater - just about the only result I seem to have in common with PW - so far.
mjmorris335

Entrepreneur Personality (ESTP, -A/-T)

Which probably reflects my somewhat chequered work history.

Mike
LeTiss

Not sure how true that is though, as it describes me as being arrogant, judgemental, and loathing anyone who prefers stability and safety over self-determination :lol:
Euler

I think it's interesting as I'm expecting a few profiles to be common on here. But for different reasons. I think we have some deep thinkers but also some entrepreneur styles as well. I'd be interested in getting as many as possible just for our own self-reflection.

I found this site after I found a profile I did in the early 90's. It's amazing how much I've changed, but I knew that anyway.
LeTiss

Yes, but I've been self-employed for nearly 9 years now Peter, yet our personalities couldn't be more diverse

It just proves that anybody can succeed at this game, especially if you recognise your own weaknesses and find a way to keep a lid on them when trading markets
Euler

I thought you would be more extroverted but it looks like we are at opposing ends of the scale

Return to “Trading Psychology”