anger and trading

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
ShaunWhite

All good advice above but also...

You only get angry if your losses really sting (well I did, find out what triggers yours) so if you can, avoid the big red scenario in the first place, the anger issue won't be relevant.

1.Big fan of a guardian bot to green or to sound an alarm when liability comfort limit is exceeded. Not the real answer but might snap you out of your brain fog moment. A massively irritating bot because in that moment you think you're smarter than it is, but you're always happy it over-ruled you when you've calmed down. Needs to be well out of harms reach.

2. Place a stop loss when you first open the trade (or before actually) and LEAVE IT THERE.

Failing that, 3 Mogadons and a spliff. All the focus of a cat watching a bird but no emotional reaction to anything. :lol: Alcohol does the exact opposite.
Derek27

I have far more profitable markets than losing markets. But when I look at my trading records and see five losses out of six markets in a day, it can't be a coincidence. Whether it's a form of anger for things not going right or something else that's bothering me, with hindsight, it would obviously have been better for me to call it a day after two or three losses.
gutuami

the phenomenon is called loss aversion - in other words people hate loosing. And not only people, monkeys hate it too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUd8XA-5HEk

Return to “Trading Psychology”