for those who think that trading is hard

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
gutuami

Navy SEAL veteran David Goggins shares how he overcame so many debilitating obstacles to later achieve incredible military and personal honors, and the mentality that kept him going and made him push beyond his limits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78I9dTB9vqM
mcgoo

Cheers.needed that..currently doing the break even grind of death (to quote another poster on here) :x :D
Trader Pat

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:55 am
Cheers.needed that..currently doing the break even grind of death (to quote another poster on here) :x :D
I remember that period, feels like it will never end, it does though!

If you've progressed from losing money to a period of breaking even you're definitely on the right track so well done for that.
mcgoo

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:34 pm
mcgoo wrote:
I remember that period, feels like it will never end, it does though!

If you've progressed from losing money to a period of breaking even you're definitely on the right track so well done for that.
Thanks for the encouragement :) ..still grinding away but at least am not losing on horses now...grind grind... :|
LeTiss

As Peter Webb often says - the first step to being a successful trader, is to simply not lose money
eightbo

Great talk, useful for my personal life
smallplayer

mcgoo wrote:
researching some old threads and came across this..best laugh i've had all week..currently on wk 34 of the "break even grind of death" :D
mcgoo

smallplayer wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:38 pm
mcgoo wrote:
researching some old threads and came across this..best laugh i've had all week..currently on wk 34 of the "break even grind of death" :D
Wow..a ways back :D and wow 34 :)..good stuff . Profitable on a few markets now when I choose so there is progress but man slow progress.Hang in there..is amazing what you see has been there all along :ugeek:
sniffer66

I used to have one of Goggins motivational posters on my wall.

The man is a machine. Inspiring as hell.
Trader Pat

I read his book a few months ago, great read. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't know his story, hell of a life that guy has had.

Couple of my favourite quotes from it:

'Its up to you to find ways to eviscerate your bullshit'

'Always be willing to embrace ignorance and become the dumb F#ck in the classroom again, it's the only way to expand your mind'

Return to “Trading Psychology”