Something new

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
superfrank

do you find that purchasing new stuff for trading (computer, monitors etc.) has a positive effect on your results?

I've found that getting something new gives a (temporary) boost to my confidence. my most recent buy (a nice 2nd monitor) improved my performance and even a new mouse did it some time ago!

I've just ordered a new chair!...
CaerMyrddin

Yes, I reckon I get a motivational boost when I buy something new, even the soundspeakers had this effect.

Unfortunately I'm running out of new things to buy :lol:
RideTheLightning

I hope so! Just about to buy a new laptop :D
PeterLe

ha ha! Just an excuse to buy something new! I can see how we all have to justify to ourselves and loved ones...

To the wife: "If I get these new screens it will give me an edge in the market and over time it will pay for itself"

I've just bought two new screens (had them a few weeks but not had time to install them them yet through working away and holidays!) they will be up and running next week with a bit if luck!
gutuami

I used to change my mouse every 2-3months. Yes it gives you a fresh feeling and clicks are more pronounced. And I consider this mouse the best from the all I had.
Btw after reading your post I decided to buy a new one again :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-S96-Op ... B0007VHHYY
CaerMyrddin

When there was a discussion about mouses I ended up buying the Logitech G9x Laser. It's a beauty and it's a smart buy.

But now i'm considering buying a new one, as I've noticed that sometimes my hand hurts, specially when I'm at the gym.

As it's something we use all day long, my physio suggested I should have several mouses and use them at random, to avoid injuries. Another great excuse to go shopping! :lol:
superfrank

don't forget that the mat is also important! ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ02-0042 ... =8-1-spell
CaerMyrddin

I can't see that can injury me? Just kidding :)

I bought a steelseries one together with the mouse ;)
superfrank

I'm using steelseries mouse + mat atm but fancied a colour change.

are laser mice better than optical?
CaerMyrddin

I'm sorry, but I'm not the right person to talk about it, but my guess would be they are?

My requirements to buy a mouse are comfort, non wireless and coolness 8-)
superfrank

superfrank wrote:don't forget that the mat is also important! ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ02-0042 ... =8-1-spell
I can heartily recommend the scarab!... fantastically smooth surface, well made and looks cool too.
Groovyelms

Hi All,

re mice... I have used a logitech track ball for ages and its gr8!!! very fast..comfortable on the hands too.. try one out... :idea:
Groovy
CaerMyrddin

I've considered buying a tracking ball, but isn't it a bit slow?
Groovyelms

CaerMyrddin wrote:I've considered buying a tracking ball, but isn't it a bit slow?
I would say not slow. You can adjust the speed of the pointer..

I hate the mouse mat thingy and also i have a very small working area so the trak ball is ideal..

On buying things I have just bought a new chair au SF , executive faux leather and it rocks to and fro luv it. Main reason to buy was that I was getting terrible back ache, now solved with gym work and a proper chair, well well worth the money.
Next I really ought to buy a tv, but after 8 years with out one it will be strange.. But trading footy probabely a must..
have fun all :D
superfrank

have to say i love my new chair too... the important thing for me is the easily adjustable armrests (i was getting shooting pains in my shoulder and sometimes would click the mouse inadvertently because my arm was tense - i had to use a dining room chair with no armrests for a month after a leg fell off my old chair following a disagreement!).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Psychology”