Are you sure? :)

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Iron

An interesting exercise that shows that people overestimate how certain they are of things:

http://www.bettingautomation.com/articl ... nesses.pdf

Worth remembering next time you're thinking of betting on a horse that can't possibly lose! ;)

Jeff
Groovyelms

I am like this at every pub quiz I do,, my problem is that I also sound convincing... :shock:
LeTiss

Nice little quiz that!

I got 6 right, so I'm only 60% right when I'm convinced I'm 90% right.

I think it's too easy to over analyse things in life....now that I'm 90% confident about!
JollyGreen

Hey Groovyelms....Thank you for making me :D when you mentioned the pub quiz. We used to have a guy like that and when he got it wrong he would say "Damn, that was the other answer I had"

It reminds me of a couple of TV characters.

Do you remember the Fast Show where the bloke in the pub is trying to tell another guy how to play the Fruit Machine... :lol:

Or in the Inbetweeners where Will pulls Charlotte and goes upstairs with her at the party. The school Psycho is her boyfriend and Neal is trying to remember who he is. Despite prompts from his mates he only remembers when Donovan arrives on the scene and Neal says "Oh yes that's him!" :lol:
LeTiss

I'm trying to concentrate on this morning's Tennis, JollyGreen. You're not helping! The thought of Emily Atack in the sack makes me sweat buckets
Groovyelms

I can see that I am going to have to buy a tv... who are these hot characters? ;)

Return to “Trading Psychology”