Sales and trading

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
convoysur-2

jeff
if your serious about sales and closing deals orders etc.
then you owe it to your self to have this.when i started i was a terrible sales man.i could not close a sale to safe my life.but when all the bills pilled up i had to really serious about what i was doing..so i went to the succesfull sales reps and asked them what there secret was ? how were the 20% of the reps bringing in 80% of the business ? the 80-20 % still exists in most sales organisations .the same name kept coming up BRIAN TRACY so i got this and listened to it while driving to and from appointments instead of listening to silly shit on the radio or cd player.im not going to start blowing my own trumpet but my sales increased by 30% in the first month,,and i went on to be the best sales guy in many companys,i owe it all to this guy..went to his seminars and got all his audio books.
pm me your email if you would like it and ill send it to you..
convoysur-2

Iron

Hi Marc

Thanks for the tip.

I am no longer in sales - things didn't work out with the new job - but thanks anyway. :)

If anyone's wondering, I'm about to start an SEO position.

Jeff
convoysur-2

with what company ?
search engine ?
Iron

With the company I was doing sales for. :) It didn't work out with that company, but I don't rule out doing sales again.

Yes, SEO is search engine optimization - basically, getting websites as high up the search engine rankings as possible.

Jeff
convoysur-2 wrote:with what company ?
search engine ?
Online Trader

Ferru123 wrote:
Yes, SEO is search engine optimization - basically, getting websites as high up the search engine rankings as possible.

convoysur-2 wrote:with what company ?
search engine ?
SEO one of the very few industries that can ask you to pay out thousands of pounds without any guarantees of what they are going to do actually working - an industry that annoys the hell out of me, good luck with your new job though Jeff :D
burdo77

Iv worked in sales, and one point I will make is that it's not the amount you sell, but rather the profit you make. We would throw thousands of dollars to secure a contract to make very little profit due to a high discount and demands put down by a high volume customer.

Such parralells can be drawn with trading, wasting exhaustive amounts of time on low profit by making too many trades. I have just started to make small profits by carefully selecting matches of which I apply statistics and intuition to select low risk trades for profit.
steven1976

Sales focus on putting all the effort in to start with on the assumption that once you have them there is a good chance they will repeat again and again, if you look after them. If your looking to put all the effort in for one sale, i agree its questionable whether its worth the time and effort.

Return to “Trading Psychology”