Is Punishment or Reward More Effective?

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Euler

Aspects of your trading appear in this video, worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tSqSMOyNFE
EyePeaSea

Fantastically interesting video, thanks. I find it particularly interesting because 'Regression to the Mean' is something that I had to understand, so see why my historic analysis varied from actual future results.

It also explained very well the reason why speed cameras are not as effective as they appear to be when looking at the before/after statistics on accidents. I've had that conversation with people a lot and although I knew the truth, I never managed to explain it very well.

The references to 'Patterns in Causality' is also important for traders and Quants (I still love that term).

Excellent use of 7 minutes of my time :D
PeterLe

Hi I watched this the other day.
The piece about the Israel Pilots was covered in Thinking fast and slow, but I thought it was explained much better in the book?
Worth watching though, if nothing else, good if you are a parent!
burdo77

Negative feedback can be beneficial for people that can harness the scrutiny and turn it in to a positive. These people are often high achievers because they can learn from their mistakes until there are none.

Return to “Trading Psychology”