Take a break

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Euler

hgodden

That is pretty interesting. I think a lot depends on the person though and their ability to quickly 'power down' enough to get into a deep enough state to benefit from a nap. Personally I find that if I have a nap once every couple of weeks or so I can get into good levels of refreshing deep sleep, but when I try it every day it doesn't work so well and I just end up groggy later on in the day. It can also mess up how well you can sleep at night. I've spent time in parts of Spain where some people always take a siesta, yet they are always complaining of being tired as their lifestyle normally means that they go to bed later. Other studies have shown that the optimal time for sleep is between 10PM and 2AM as this is the time the body is designed to recover.

Btw I was sorry to hear about your son Peter, the same thing happened to someone close to me a while back and it can take some time to get over. I hope he recovers as quick as possible with minimal complications and fuss
gutuami

I tend to take naps of 15min even when trading if I feel tired. And it really feels refreshing after that. Sometimes I may go for a bit longer or take 2 for 15min depending what races are on.

Return to “Trading Psychology”