12 pieces of sound trading advice

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
burdo77

I like this one...

"Risk control is the essence of my trading style and success. I never think what I might make on a given trade, but only what I could lose. I mentally mark each of my positions to market. No matter how large a profit I may have in a position, in my mind my entry price is always the previous night’s close. This approach allows me not to get complacent about my positions."
— Paul Tudor Jones, Founder of Tudor Investment Corporation
cornonthecob

burdo77 wrote:I like this one...

"Risk control is the essence of my trading style and success. I never think what I might make on a given trade, but only what I could lose. I mentally mark each of my positions to market. No matter how large a profit I may have in a position, in my mind my entry price is always the previous night’s close. This approach allows me not to get complacent about my positions."
— Paul Tudor Jones, Founder of Tudor Investment Corporation
This would be relevant if their was a closing bell on Betfair.
cornonthecob

"My weakness has always been being a bit premature on entering positions. I’ve learned to think to myself, 'Patience, patience, patience.' I try to wait until things set up just right before I take a trade. Then, when I am ready to take the trade, I slowly count to ten before I pick up the phone. It’s better to have the wrong idea and good timing than the right idea and bad timing."

Guilty as charged.

Return to “Trading Psychology”