Trading buddy required

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
NeilSpence

Hi all,
I am still struggling to bridge my "profit gap". The difference between what I can make in practice mode to what I can make with my own money. There are a couple of factors that influence this, the main one being a very small starting bank, which I keep blowing as I can't/won't appreciate the compounding effect of my results.

So, I am looking for a trading buddy who may also be struggling so we can become accountable to each other, sit and trade together and see if 2 heads are better than 1. I live in Norwich but am pretty flexible with my time so would travel a distance if the right thing came up.
If anyone is keen please let me know.
Thanks
Tonto

I could be persuaded.
Hambleden

Hi Neil,
Yes...I should most definitely be interested. I live Newmarket so we are quite close. I am just starting trading having been in racing and gambled all my life..like you am struggling with trading!! If you want to do this can you reply with your email and i will contact you straight away.

Cheers,
Anthony
Iron

NeilSpence wrote: So, I am looking for a trading buddy who may also be struggling so we can become accountable to each other, sit and trade together and see if 2 heads are better than 1.
Just be careful that Betfair doesn't assume you're a trading partnership if either of you reaches Premium Charge territory... :)

Jeff
NeilSpence

I reckon I would cop a premium charge no worries. At the minute I pay it but dont get to keep my share....If the premium charge was my only worry life would be great.
Will get in touch with those who have replied.
cornonthecob

I will be moving to Norwich in the new year at which point I will be Trading full time, let me know if you're interested.
Hobsom

If anyone in the Manchester area is using Bet Angel and would appreciate a trading buddy, even just to attempt to prevent any psychological breakdowns :-P, then I'd be interested.
gazuty

Ferru123 wrote:
NeilSpence wrote: So, I am looking for a trading buddy who may also be struggling so we can become accountable to each other, sit and trade together and see if 2 heads are better than 1.
Just be careful that Betfair doesn't assume you're a trading partnership if either of you reaches Premium Charge territory... :)

Jeff
Hijacking this thread with this reply but

Jeff

Where have you been?
Iron

Enjoying my well deserved, long overdue exile! :lol:

If I weren't subscribed to this thread from ages ago, I probably wouldn't have even been aware of your message! I only clicked on the email link out of boredom! :lol:

I'm still trading (and I'm still in email contact with a couple of people from the forum). I think I have an edge, it's just a case of finding the time and the patience to apply it (trading properly is both boring and time consuming! :lol: ).

I no longer come here mainly because I no longer feel I might benefit.

An analogy.

Imagine you're a keen amateur fisherman who enjoys fishing in a small lake. You can spend as much time as you like talking to the lake's professional fishermen, and listening to their conversations, trying to catch hidden pearls of wisdom, but you're unlikely to learn anything valuable in my opinion. If the pros have any secrets beyond industry-standard techniques and common sense stuff like the virtue of being disciplined, they aren't likely to share them with someone who wants a share of their livelihood. You're better off doing independent research and analysis, and working out for yourself what does and doesn't work.

The above isn't meant as a criticism - just an observation.

Plus, when I dare to question the received wisdom of the professional fishermen, I get shot down in flames, and frankly I deal with enough angry people in my customer service role at work without subjecting myself to rants in my leisure time! :lol: In my younger days, I could be quite combative when it came to debate, but nowadays I'm content to let people believe whatever they want. Getting into internet debates generates lots of heat and little light, and frankly I have better things to do with my time! :D

Anyway, I wish everyone all the best. :)

Jeff
gazuty wrote: Hijacking this thread with this reply but

Jeff

Where have you been?
LeTiss

I assumed you'd found a woman Jeff, and quite rightly binned us muppets here
Iron

I should be so lucky! :lol:
LeTiss 4pm wrote:I assumed you'd found a woman Jeff, and quite rightly binned us muppets here
gazuty

Nice to have you back among us Jeff.

And Neil apologies for the minor hijack. Resume normal programming.
Iron

You know that jail cell on the Monopoly board that says 'just visiting'? 8-)
gazuty wrote:Nice to have you back among us Jeff.
marko236

Ferru123 wrote:You know that jail cell on the Monopoly board that says 'just visiting'? 8-)
gazuty wrote:Nice to have you back among us Jeff.
You know that feeling you get when you know a trade is going your way? Thats the feeling i'm getting about Jeff reaching 7000 posts, go for it Jeff you know you want to ;)

Return to “Trading Psychology”