Automation for correct score football market

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
eminbe

Hi

I would like some help in an automation rule for the correct score market in football to lay on the current score at 55 mins in play time.

I tried to use the 'in row 1 (betfair order)' in applies to selection but that only works if the score remains 0-0.

Please help me and thanks in advanced.
jimibt

Maybe a naive approach, but wouldn't laying the selection by order of favouritism (i.e. position #1) do this for you as my observations have shown the current score to always be the lowest odds.
Capture.PNG
I may be wrong on that assumption tho.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

eminbe wrote:Hi

I would like some help in an automation rule for the correct score market in football to lay on the current score at 55 mins in play time.

I tried to use the 'in row 1 (betfair order)' in applies to selection but that only works if the score remains 0-0.

Betfair row one should work, if you order in favouritism that wouldn't work.
jimibt

Euler wrote:

gotcha... (tho am certain i've used order of favouritism successfully many times - must be luck :))
LeTiss

Don't forget to be wary of any other scores - I've known quite a few matches where a team has already bagged 4 goals by 55mins. In which case you are placing an almost certain losing bet
jimibt

LeTiss wrote:Don't forget to be wary of any other scores - I've known quite a few matches where a team has already bagged 4 goals by 55mins. In which case you are placing an almost certain losing bet
great point... yeah, those entries should be avoided
eminbe

Euler wrote:

I tried it with Betfair row one, if the score not 0-0 it still tries to place the lay bet on 0-0 that doesn't exist.
ShaunWhite

I've nailed together a rules file that will tell you the correct score by testing 8 selections on the correct score market, returning two market signals, HomeGoals & AwayGoals.

There's no active markets now so I can't test it :( but I'm sure it works. (Famous last words) The logic works even if my baf doesn't.

It's basically....

1. Set RuleActive to 0
2. Test market conditions and set RuleActive to 1
....I like to control my rules with a signal so I can have all my conditions in one place (eg active time window, unsuspended time, volume etc)

3. Set HomeGoals to 4 (4 meaning 4 or more)
4. Set AwayGoals to 4
5. Test if HomeGoals <=3 (Test if sensible odds on 3-3 and decrement HomeGoals)
6. Test if HomeGoals <=2 (Test if sensible odds on 2-3 and decrement HomeGoals)
7. Test if HomeGoals <=1 (Test if sensible odds on 1-3 and decrement HomeGoals)
8. Test if HomeGoals <=0 (Test if sensible odds on 0-3 and decrement HomeGoals)
9. Test if AwayGoals <=3 (Test if sensible odds on 3-3 and decrement AwayGoals)
10. Test if AwayGoals <=2 (Test if sensible odds on 3-2 and decrement AwayGoals)
11. Test if AwayGoals <=1 (Test if sensible odds on 3-1 and decrement AwayGoals)
12. Test if AwayGoals <=0 (Test if sensible odds on 3-0 and decrement AwayGoals)

...and out of the bottom pops market signals for HomeGoals & AwayGoals. ta daa.

You'll still need a transaction rule for each possible selection you might want to trade, but that's not too much of an issue if you're only interested in a few scorelines, but at least you can control if they fire by testing HomeGoals & AwayGoals & RuleActive.

You'll also need to tweak the conditions for what you regard as an active market and sensible odds (eg odds not 1000, or a WoM condition, or an historic odds condition or whatever).

Let me know if anyone tries it...or has a better way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Can I suggest a Guardian tweak....Selection signals, Market signals.....Global signals.

That would allow you to create sets of rules files, one set for each set of related markets.

Then you could access the gGame01HomeGoals signal (set by the Game01CorrectScore rules file) in the Game01MatchOdds rules file, or control an O/U bot from the correct scores, or the e/w market from the winners. mmmmmm.

You'd need to be hyper-organised with your signal naming or there would be Knight Capital style chaos :o !!! ....maybe I'll just do it Excel and chalk this idea up on the 'late night ramblings' tally.
jimibt

after thinking about this (and thanks shaun for your version too), I've come up with a simple little rule to address your immediate issue.

This rule literally does:
1. identify the current active score at 55 mins
2. place a lay bet for £xx liability on that selection
3. job done

Also, as with shauns rule, there are no conditions attached to the placing of the lay bet, so you should add conditions regards book% and potentially even only place the lay if the odds are < 5.5 on the lay bet etc...

this is untested, so let me know if this works for you.
cheers
jim
eminbe

The problem is I can't open bet angel in the middle on the game and run the automation, it will start the event time from the time I open bet angel, is there a fix around this?
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote: This rule literally does:
3. job done

jim
I'm fairly new to automation but I can't see how this finds the current active score.

When you have a rule set for 'Any' selection, firing once, will it set signal selection.isvalid for each selection on the coupon once or just for the first line it finds...eg 0-0 ?

If it stops on the first selection it finds. Does it check each selection in BF row order?

I think what I'm looking for is how 'Any' selection differs from 'All' selections.

Hang on....i've just realised the first BF row with a real price IS the correct score (D'oh!). I think I see how your rule works now....much simpler than mine. But with mine you could trade 0-2 or 1-1 only if it's already 0-1 etc. More than one way to skin a cat I guess.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
jimibt wrote: This rule literally does:
3. job done

jim
I'm fairly new to automation but I can't see how this finds the current active score.

When you have a rule set for 'Any' selection, firing once, will it set signal selection.isvalid for each selection on the coupon once or just for the first line it finds...eg 0-0 ?

If it stops on the first selection it finds. Does it check each selection in BF row order?

I think what I'm looking for is how 'Any' selection differs from 'All' selections.

Hang on....i've just realised the first BF row with a real price IS the correct score (D'oh!). I think I see how your rule works now....much simpler than mine. But with mine you could trade 0-2 or 1-1 only if it's already 0-1 etc. More than one way to skin a cat I guess.
yeah, this rule is ultra simple and was to address the issue in the OP, but yeah, you could extend it to cover the top n options as required and place on those entries if needbe.
eminbe

jimibt wrote:after thinking about this (and thanks shaun for your version too), I've come up with a simple little rule to address your immediate issue.

3. job done

Also, as with shauns rule, there are no conditions attached to the placing of the lay bet, so you should add conditions regards book% and potentially even only place the lay if the odds are < 5.5 on the lay bet etc...

cheers
jim
Hi Jim,

I used your automation, its working fine so far after changing the 'Relative to in-play time' to 'Relative to event start time' Thank you.

I would like to tweak it up so it can avoid placing bets on selections:
17-Any Other Home Win,
18-Any Other Away Win,
19-Any Other Draw

Any help would be apricated.
jimibt

eminbe wrote:
jimibt wrote:after thinking about this (and thanks shaun for your version too), I've come up with a simple little rule to address your immediate issue.

3. job done

cheers
jim
Hi Jim,

I used your automation, its working fine so far after changing the 'Relative to in-play time' to 'Relative to event start time' Thank you.

I would like to tweak it up so it can avoid placing bets on selections:
17-Any Other Home Win,
18-Any Other Away Win,
19-Any Other Draw

Any help would be apricated.
here you go. just added 3 signals that invalidate the placing of the lay, if they are part of the Any Other options.

keep me posted.
jim

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”