Problem with automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
dm1900

Hi,

Every so often, I see the following in my logs:

Code: Select all

26/05/2017 17:46:14: [G_Auto] :  £ 10.00 Lay bet placed on Probing at 2.54. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market.   Ref: 93832974212          ( Fill or kill bet with 1 seconds delay.  Offsetting by 4 ticks with greening.  Stop at 6 ticks. Place stop at 8 ticks )
26/05/2017 17:46:15: [G_Auto] :  WARNING: The Betfair API was unable to process the bet cancellation request. Second attempt activated. (Ref: 93832974212)
26/05/2017 17:46:25: [G_Auto] :  £ 10 unmatched bet (Ref:93832974212) was killed.
Unfortunately, despite it saying "£10 unmatched bet was killed", the bet was in fact matched:

However, betangel at this point thinks it was killed, so any attached processes such as a stop loss doesn't get triggered. Has anyone else experienced it? And if so, how to guard against it?
cybernet69

Its fairly common for BF/API to reject orders or que them.

In the past due to some very complex bot i wrote it caused me a great deal of hassle/losses. When orders get queued then that can cause mayhem.

I had to revist the code and make it as water tight as possible given the fact that BF/API does not support transact type trade placement.

You don't get confirmation that a trade has been placed, cancelled or queued.

Just setting triggers to only repeat after x seconds is not the answer as BF could have several of your orders waiting to action.

9 times out of 10 you will probably be alright but on the odd occasion something goes wrong then you can end up with :o
LinusP

I think this particular error is something I raised a while ago with Neil at betfair, it seems that sometimes if you cancel an order but it has just been matched you get an error from betfair but no error code. Normally you receive the following 'BET_TAKEN_OR_LAPSED', but sometimes (normally in play) you get the nothing just a 'FAILURE' status message.

I get round this by setting the status back to 'placed' and waiting for the next current orders event to tell me it has been matched and needs to be offset/stopped/greened. Not sure how BA is dealing with this but your screenshot implies its not doing it correctly.
dm1900

LinusP wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 10:19 am
I think this particular error is something I raised a while ago with Neil at betfair, it seems that sometimes if you cancel an order but it has just been matched you get an error from betfair but no error code. Normally you receive the following 'BET_TAKEN_OR_LAPSED', but sometimes (normally in play) you get the nothing just a 'FAILURE' status message.

I get round this by setting the status back to 'placed' and waiting for the next current orders event to tell me it has been matched and needs to be offset/stopped/greened. Not sure how BA is dealing with this but your screenshot implies its not doing it correctly.
Ahh this is pretty annoying because any subsequent logic is applied incorrectly. Perhaps Euler & co. can chime in?
dm1900

Have there been any updates on this?
simonv74

LinusP wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 10:19 am

Hi, could you tell me how you do this? Is it within BA automation or is it an Excel trigger? Thanks.
LinusP

Sorry this was how I work with this bug in my own programs, I don’t believe it can be fixed by a user in BA.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”