My automation rule gets triggered by volatility

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
beermonsterman

Hi everyone im not new to trading but im fascinated with automation so ive made a rule to Dobb in play but whats happening is it works great up until it meets a volatile market then gets triggered for fun.
so my question is what would be the best way to stop my bot from working / triggering in a volatile market ?
or is their a rule i can use to detect volatility and then would stop my bot from triggering
ive thought of of using weight of money but im struggling to understand WOM even though i have watched all videos about it .
would i be correct if i said WOM is on both sides Lay and Back if so would it be right if i said that if i wanted to back for a steam the WOM would be high like 75 percent to confirm a move and would be low on the lay side ?
Thank you for taking the time to read my post
ShaunWhite

In-play will be volatile, that's a given, that's often the appeal. I assume you mean you have a stop that gets triggered as getting your lay bet matched by a spike would be a good thing. In-play stops aren't gererally very sucessful due to the situation you describe, better to find your edge through the DoB rather than via the stop.

I wouldn't put too much faith in in-play WoM if I were you, it's swinging from one extreme to another every couple of milliseconds, and the snapshot WoM you're seeing even on a 20ms refresh is a lottery, then there's the 1s delay for your response to it. I don't mind being wrong, but I can't see how it's useful unless you're running software specifically designed for that purpose.

WoM is just ...the top 3 amounts availabe to back / the top 3 amounts availabe on both sides. So if there's 10, 20, 50 available to back and 5, 10 & 20 available to lay. That's 80 / (80 + 95) = 45%. If there was only 1, 2 & 2 available to lay (ie nobody wants to back it) that would be 80/(80 + 5) about 94%.... and if nobody wants to back it, then it's probably going to drift. So big WoM numbers = up the ladder, small numbers = down. That's the theory anyway but tbf even pre-play the opinion on the usefulness of WoM is divided.

The think you're learning is that implementing bots is harder then conveiving them, as is acheiving their ideal outome, and that's a good thing as all lessons are...except of course the lessons that said 'bots are great' but don't explain to you how hard it is to make them profitable.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beermonsterman

Thank you for the fast response
I think i need to go back to the drawing board and rethink my strategy as i want my bet to get triggered but not when volatile towards the closing stages i may use a time factor so it can only be triggered up to the first 3/4 of the race instead of being lazy :) looking for that automation rule that will find that point for me instead of manual inputs per race
Thanks again
ShaunWhite

Here would be a good start viewforum.php?f=52
I'm sure Dallas has done one that uses race durations, maybe you'll find it.
Dallas

Yes at the end of the 2nd page of that link from Shaun has a race distance example

You might also find this useful, it will trigger a stop loss but will also ignore short term price spikes
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11954
beermonsterman

Thanks guys i appreciate your help ill give them a shot looks useful :D
beermonsterman

Dallas wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:02 pm
Yes at the end of the 2nd page of that link from Shaun has a race distance example

You might also find this useful, it will trigger a stop loss but will also ignore short term price spikes
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11954
Perfect Dallas thanks as most of my automation is full of signals i love the power of them i may have over complicated things but all trial and error
one last thing would logging the signals to the report slow me down having a glitch y refresh and thinking that logging the signals is the cause thanks again.
beermonsterman

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:02 pm
In-play will be volatile, that's a given, that's often the appeal. I assume you mean you have a stop that gets triggered as getting your lay bet matched by a spike would be a good thing. In-play stops aren't gererally very sucessful due to the situation you describe, better to find your edge through the DoB rather than via the stop.

I wouldn't put too much faith in in-play WoM if I were you, it's swinging from one extreme to another every couple of milliseconds, and the snapshot WoM you're seeing even on a 20ms refresh is a lottery, then there's the 1s delay for your response to it. I don't mind being wrong, but I can't see how it's useful unless you're running software specifically designed for that purpose.

WoM is just ...the top 3 amounts availabe to back / the top 3 amounts availabe on both sides. So if there's 10, 20, 50 available to back and 5, 10 & 20 available to lay. That's 80 / (80 + 95) = 45%. If there was only 1, 2 & 2 available to lay (ie nobody wants to back it) that would be 80/(80 + 5) about 94%.... and if nobody wants to back it, then it's probably going to drift. So big WoM numbers = up the ladder, small numbers = down. That's the theory anyway but tbf even pre-play the opinion on the usefulness of WoM is divided.

The think you're learning is that implementing bots is harder then conveiving them, as is acheiving their ideal outome, and that's a good thing as all lessons are...except of course the lessons that said 'bots are great' but don't explain to you how hard it is to make them profitable.
Nice one i can see WOM is not much use but im glad i didnt spend too much time trying to implement it into my automation you have saved me the effort thanks ;)
BetScalper

beermonsterman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:27 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Nice one i can see WOM is not much use but im glad i didnt spend too much time trying to implement it into my automation you have saved me the effort thanks ;)
You should read Shaun’s post several times and something should click in your head when it comes to using WOM in-play.

Change your WOM settings to Inner=56%, Middle=33% and Outer=11%.

Keep reading his post.... if nobody wants to back it then......
beermonsterman

cool nice one

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”