Bet Angel - Automation : Automation settings?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Post Reply
georget1907
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi there, I',m new to here and have just started playing around with the guardian automation.

I seem to have everything as needed, except im not sure exactly how to set it to take SP. While creating the rule, there is the option for the first trigger to take 'best market price' and 'event start time' and in play' with the timer, but which are best for taking the actual SP?

Or what also might work for what im doing, is for me to take the best market price 1 second before event start, but then i need to find out how to program it to place my lay bet an exact amount of ticks below the initial back bet price.

Any help would be much appreciated.

George
Last edited by georget1907 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 5969
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm

If you look at the list of available rules you'll see one called 'take sp on unmatched bets'. Set that one up to run anytime after your bet is placed but before the scheduled start and it'll do what it says on the tin.

georget1907
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:41 am

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm
If you look at the list of available rules you'll see one called 'take sp on unmatched bets'. Set that one up to run anytime after your bet is placed but before the scheduled start and it'll do what it says on the tin.
Hi, yeah i saw that suggested elsewhere in a forum search but still a bit confused...I was hoping to program the automation to place the actual first bet for me. Is it possible? I have managed to get it to do this by setting it to place the first bet 1 second before event start or 1 second after it goes in play, but not for actual SP....

Many thanks

Jukebox
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:48 am

georget1907 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:41 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm
If you look at the list of available rules you'll see one called 'take sp on unmatched bets'. Set that one up to run anytime after your bet is placed but before the scheduled start and it'll do what it says on the tin.
Hi, yeah i saw that suggested elsewhere in a forum search but still a bit confused...I was hoping to program the automation to place the actual first bet for me. Is it possible? I have managed to get it to do this by setting it to place the first bet 1 second before event start or 1 second after it goes in play, but not for actual SP....

Many thanks
If your intention is to place a back bet specifically to get sp then placing the bet well above the money or even at 1000 and then 'take sp' will do this for you.

Anbell
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 am

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:16 am

georget1907 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:56 pm
Hi there, I',m new to here and have just started playing around with the guardian automation.

I seem to have everything as needed, except im not sure exactly how to set it to take SP. While creating the rule, there is the option for the first trigger to take 'best market price' and 'event start time' and in play' with the timer, but which are best for taking the actual SP?

Or what also might work for what im doing, is for me to take the best market price 1 second before event start, but then i need to find out how to program it to place my lay bet an exact amount of ticks below the initial back bet price.

Any help would be much appreciated.

George
To be clear, you can't place an SP bet directly through BA (although you can on betfair.com)

So you need to place a normal bet, and then go through a 2nd step which tells BF to 'Take SP' on the bet if it isn't matched.

georget1907
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:48 am
georget1907 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:41 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm
If you look at the list of available rules you'll see one called 'take sp on unmatched bets'. Set that one up to run anytime after your bet is placed but before the scheduled start and it'll do what it says on the tin.
Hi, yeah i saw that suggested elsewhere in a forum search but still a bit confused...I was hoping to program the automation to place the actual first bet for me. Is it possible? I have managed to get it to do this by setting it to place the first bet 1 second before event start or 1 second after it goes in play, but not for actual SP....

Many thanks
If your intention is to place a back bet specifically to get sp then placing the bet well above the money or even at 1000 and then 'take sp' will do this for you.
I managed to get it working thanks. However it didnt end up taking the SP but did trigger the other lay bets i had set.
I also tried the other method advised by bet angle support email which was to set 'place at custom ticks above SP' and enter '0'. However with this test it didn't activate them until half way through the race.....could there be a reason for these problems?

The one method i had consistent success with yesterday was placing the first back bet set for 1 second before event starts, but i need to have the first lay bet an exact amount of ticks below this first bet price so not sure how i would do that, as a 'custom ticks below SP' seems the only option for that.

georget1907
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:09 pm

Anbell wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:16 am
georget1907 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:56 pm
Hi there, I',m new to here and have just started playing around with the guardian automation.

I seem to have everything as needed, except im not sure exactly how to set it to take SP. While creating the rule, there is the option for the first trigger to take 'best market price' and 'event start time' and in play' with the timer, but which are best for taking the actual SP?

Or what also might work for what im doing, is for me to take the best market price 1 second before event start, but then i need to find out how to program it to place my lay bet an exact amount of ticks below the initial back bet price.

Any help would be much appreciated.

George
To be clear, you can't place an SP bet directly through BA (although you can on betfair.com)

So you need to place a normal bet, and then go through a 2nd step which tells BF to 'Take SP' on the bet if it isn't matched.
I would try this option but i set a rule in BA to only take the SP if its above 5.9, which i cant do on betfair

georget1907
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:34 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm
If you look at the list of available rules you'll see one called 'take sp on unmatched bets'. Set that one up to run anytime after your bet is placed but before the scheduled start and it'll do what it says on the tin.
This works perfectly, but with this setting for the intial back bet it no longer activates my lay bets

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 5969
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:08 pm

georget1907 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:34 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm
If you look at the list of available rules you'll see one called 'take sp on unmatched bets'. Set that one up to run anytime after your bet is placed but before the scheduled start and it'll do what it says on the tin.
This works perfectly, but with this setting for the intial back bet it no longer activates my lay bets
Check that the time the rules can run eg -10s -> 0s etc is long enough for Guardian to have completed a cycle.
If you had 50 markets loaded, with a refresh of 200ms Guardian would only 'look' at each race once every 50 *200ms ... once every 10s. If you have things set to run between -2s -> 0s that rule might get missed.

I'm not quite sure what you're doing but if you search for Fill/Kill in the user guide it explains that with an offset bet, it can either place the back and lay at the same time....or wait till one bet is filled before placing the other side.

georget1907
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:22 am

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:08 pm
georget1907 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:34 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm
If you look at the list of available rules you'll see one called 'take sp on unmatched bets'. Set that one up to run anytime after your bet is placed but before the scheduled start and it'll do what it says on the tin.
This works perfectly, but with this setting for the intial back bet it no longer activates my lay bets
Check that the time the rules can run eg -10s -> 0s etc is long enough for Guardian to have completed a cycle.
If you had 50 markets loaded, with a refresh of 200ms Guardian would only 'look' at each race once every 50 *200ms ... once every 10s. If you have things set to run between -2s -> 0s that rule might get missed.

I'm not quite sure what you're doing but if you search for Fill/Kill in the user guide it explains that with an offset bet, it can either place the back and lay at the same time....or wait till one bet is filled before placing the other side.
Thanks for that. I got it working hallelujah, however the final rule to hedge up seems a bit troublesome.

I need it to hedge up when odds drop below a certain price, after the previous lay price has been matched. It is successfully triggering once the price drops below the price set, but a lot of the time its missing out on hedging up for a profit as it didn't catch it in time.

Do you know if i can set it so the last lay price i got matched acts as the actual trigger to get ready to green up if the price drops further to the point i set? This is what i do manually when doing it and it catches the price 99% of the time, as the lay stake is already waiting. Is it possible for automation? Thanks again for the help

Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”

  • Information