Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
r00ster76

Hi Dallas,
Thanks for sharing your wealth of experience and knowledge with us..It is very much appreciated.
I'm finding the whole 'signals' thing a tad confusing so I wonder if you could guide me on an automation rule I want to try.
Basically I want to lay the favourite when it reaches 15.0 in play with an offset of 2 ticks..Would I need signals to achieve this?
I appreciate you are very busy and this may seem a silly question, but many thanks in advance... :D
Dallas

r00ster76 wrote:Hi Dallas,
Thanks for sharing your wealth of experience and knowledge with us..It is very much appreciated.
I'm finding the whole 'signals' thing a tad confusing so I wonder if you could guide me on an automation rule I want to try.
Basically I want to lay the favourite when it reaches 15.0 in play with an offset of 2 ticks..Would I need signals to achieve this?
I appreciate you are very busy and this may seem a silly question, but many thanks in advance... :D
No question is ever silly if you dont know the answer ;)

I assume you mean the lay the runner that was fav at the off time? (the fav and order of favourtism is always defined as the selection with the shortest odds so in-running as the prices move around several runners could become fav for a short period of time)

If it is the fav from the start of the race to achieve this you wont need to use need to use signals (they could be used if you wanted to), but instead the easiest way to set it up would be as follows;

Rule type; Fix order of market Selections
Relative to event start time
Armed 00:00:01 before start
till 00:00:10 after event start
Trigger 1 time

(that will remember the order of favourtism as they are now for the remainer of the race no matter how there odds change once in play).

next add your lay rule by clicking the green 'plus' icon

Rule Type; Place lay bet
Relative to in-play time
Armed 00:00:01 after in-play
till 00:10:00 after in play
Trigger 1 time
Applied to 'Betfair order of favourtism 1'

Paramters
'Place at' 15.0
and set the stakes required
Offset bet with greening 2 ticks
Batches 1
Fill or kill 60secs (this bit will ensure the back bet is only placed after lay is matched - if lay is unmatched then no back will be placed)

Condtions
'Fixed odds Condtion'
Last Traded price
Is 'Greater' than 14.5

And that will do it, any probs just post a message (but as this rule now does nt contain signals if you could open a new thread that would avoid taking this one off the subject of signals thx :) )
Laugro1968

Hi Dallas,

Do signals extend to other markets?
Can I use a signal on the Win market and use it on the Place market?

Thank you,

Laurent
Dallas

Laugro1968 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:35 pm
Hi Dallas,

Do signals extend to other markets?
Can I use a signal on the Win market and use it on the Place market?

Thank you,

Laurent
No, none of the automation options avaliable can look across other markets, this can only be done using excel
Laugro1968

Hello Dallas,

Thank you for your reply. It's working in Excel indeed.
One more questions:
In an IR automation I'm running, my back bet at best available price is not always matched below 2.
Would it have more chances of getting match by placing a back at 1.01 instead?
Is there a difference between both instructions (applying identical conditions)?

Best regards,

Laurent
Dallas

Laugro1968 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:20 am
Hello Dallas,

Thank you for your reply. It's working in Excel indeed.
One more questions:
In an IR automation I'm running, my back bet at best available price is not always matched below 2.
Would it have more chances of getting match by placing a back at 1.01 instead?
Is there a difference between both instructions (applying identical conditions)?

Best regards,

Laurent
Betfair always match bets at the best avalible price when they reach the market, if you back at 2.0 but the odds have fallen below (during the in-play delay) then your bet will sit unmatched at 2s untill the price come back up, if the odds drifted during the in-play delay you will be matched at the best avalible when it reaches the market.
By backing at 1.01 you will be guaranteed to be matched but this could be at very low odds if there has been a sudden drop in price since triggering the bet at 2s
darren106

Hi Dallas.

My daily UK horse Racing selections have a 65% record of shortning, do you know of a automation that could take advantage of this.

Regards Ian
Dallas

darren106 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:11 am
Hi Dallas.

My daily UK horse Racing selections have a 65% record of shortning, do you know of a automation that could take advantage of this.

Regards Ian
Do you mean back 2 lay?
If so their is a few ready made rules for this in the shared files library
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 52&t=11620
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 52&t=11314
Niko

Hi Dallas, could you point me to an automated rule that monitors the field and sets a signal on each horse as it gets to 2.0. Plan to back the first one that stays below 2.0 for at least 10 seconds! Cheers!
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:46 pm
Hi Dallas, could you point me to an automated rule that monitors the field and sets a signal on each horse as it gets to 2.0. Plan to back the first one that stays below 2.0 for at least 10 seconds! Cheers!
This would be the easiest to modify, the signal rules are all in place you just need to change the conditions of why its signalling
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=11954

instead of setting a signal when your in a loss the condition would now be when the odds are below 2.0
instead of resetting when back in profit this condition would now be when the odds are back over 2.0
instead of closing the trade after 10secs this rule would now place your back bet
Niko

Many thanks!! Very helpful! :D Thanks for the quick response!
Niko

Quick confirmation if possible :D

I have an in running rule that triggers 4 back bets when any runner trades below a certain odds. First back sets a signal to arm a timed green rule for the market and is also used to fire the next back. Do I need to (or is it better to) set a signal for the selection to ensure the other back bets only fire on the same horse?

Hope that makes sense??
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:06 am
Quick confirmation if possible :D

I have an in running rule that triggers 4 back bets when any runner trades below a certain odds. First back sets a signal to arm a timed green rule for the market and is also used to fire the next back. Do I need to (or is it better to) set a signal for the selection to ensure the other back bets only fire on the same horse?

Hope that makes sense??
Yes if you want remaining bets to trigger on the same selection setting a signal to identify that selection is a good way to do it
Niko

Cheers, getting the hang of it now😆
johnlikeman

As a relative newbie to Bet Angel I was attracted to the many automation files available. However none of them appear to make any profit whatsoever ; and that is the whole point of being here ! If the message is to learn more and progress with tweaks of my own ,OK , but it would be so nice to see a little profit somewhere.
John likeman

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”