Leaving Automation Unattended?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
GunDog

I was wondering how many users set up automation in the morning, go to work, then feel very nervous when you come back to see the profit/loss for the day?

How long did it took some people to walk away from their PC and let automation do its job?
Mikky

Doing it now!

Trialled something for long enough in practice and it went ok leaving it unattended, then watched it in real mode for a short while and so decided to bite the bullet and let it run alone whilst I am at work.

I keep checking betfair on my phone though to see how its doing, but the main thing is I know the risks, but I am willing to run with it.

The software has proven very reliable and the way I have it trading will never leave me too exposed if I lose connection or BF goes down and those were the main worries for me.
GunDog

I was brave enough the other day to leave it running whilst I was eating my tea. That was almost too long, had to rush up and check all was OK :lol:
Mikky

GunDog wrote:I was brave enough the other day to leave it running whilst I was eating my tea. That was almost too long, had to rush up and check all was OK :lol:
Haha its impossible not to watch it in some way or another! Human nature I guess. Hopefully after a while it will just become routine.
PeterLe

Do it every day
Dont forget to move most of your funds into your betfair Australian wallet to protech yourself.
It would be nice if we could load the markets automatically ever day too?
When I been on Cruise holidays, I set the automation up when in port and then check it 2 or 3 days later :D
LinusP

PeterLe wrote:Do it every day
Dont forget to move most of your funds into your betfair Australian wallet to protech yourself.
When I been on Cruise holidays, I set the automation up when in port and then check it 2 or 3 days later :D
+1, I have a program that resets the balance every evening on my accounts (moves profit/loss in/out of aus account) Leaving a set amount in your main can help limit the damage on a rouge bot.

The scary part is that everything will keep going if I were to be hit by a car as I have paid for most my servers till 2019.
PeterLe

Ill tell you what Liam; your programming skills have come along since you first joined! :D
ricardodeano

PeterLe wrote:Do it every day
*Stupid question klaxon*

Why do you move your funds to your Australian wallet?

Also Peter, I've been on ebay quite a few times and your £20 simple-but-profitable rule still isn't listed. Everything ok with that? ;)
GunDog

There are currently 3 listing on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... l&_sacat=0
ricardodeano

Oh wow, it's a real thing!!! Who knew?! Peter, are any of these yours?!
Euler

GunDog wrote:I was wondering how many users set up automation in the morning, go to work, then feel very nervous when you come back to see the profit/loss for the day?

How long did it took some people to walk away from their PC and let automation do its job?

I have several things running on auto-pilot every day and have had for some time. Now and again you cock up but this can bring unexpected results for the +ve as well as -ve.

I once forgot to hedge a new strategy correctly and didn't test it properly. Came back to many thousands at the end of the through the luck of the draw!

I prefer a quieter initiation though so tend to still to tiny stakes when I explore a new process. Currently testing something with £10 stakes that is up to £130 in a month so will increase stakes and see where I can push it.

But you gradually get to feel more and more comfortable as time passes. If you use a VPS you can check in quickly on any internet enabled device if you want to keep track on things.
megarain

How hard would it be, to get BA to send u a SMS or some other form of comms, once a set threshold has been met ?
PeterLe

GunDog wrote:There are currently 3 listing on eBay:.....
Folks,
Seriously; dont be tempted to buy these
You're much better off building your own through trial and error.
Regards
Peter
jimibt

PeterLe wrote:
GunDog wrote:There are currently 3 listing on eBay:.....
Folks,
Seriously; dont be tempted to buy these
You're much better off building your own through trial and error.
Regards
Peter
i'm (99%) certain that he was joking :o - that said!!
marko236

Peterle is spot on, trail and error that's all it takes to be a good trader and entering a trade at the right time.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”