Leaving Automation Unattended?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Euler

GunDog wrote:I was wondering how many users set up automation in the morning, go to work, then feel very nervous when you come back to see the profit/loss for the day?

How long did it took some people to walk away from their PC and let automation do its job?

I have several things running on auto-pilot every day and have had for some time. Now and again you cock up but this can bring unexpected results for the +ve as well as -ve.

I once forgot to hedge a new strategy correctly and didn't test it properly. Came back to many thousands at the end of the through the luck of the draw!

I prefer a quieter initiation though so tend to still to tiny stakes when I explore a new process. Currently testing something with £10 stakes that is up to £130 in a month so will increase stakes and see where I can push it.

But you gradually get to feel more and more comfortable as time passes. If you use a VPS you can check in quickly on any internet enabled device if you want to keep track on things.
megarain

How hard would it be, to get BA to send u a SMS or some other form of comms, once a set threshold has been met ?
PeterLe

GunDog wrote:There are currently 3 listing on eBay:.....
Folks,
Seriously; dont be tempted to buy these
You're much better off building your own through trial and error.
Regards
Peter
jimibt

PeterLe wrote:
GunDog wrote:There are currently 3 listing on eBay:.....
Folks,
Seriously; dont be tempted to buy these
You're much better off building your own through trial and error.
Regards
Peter
i'm (99%) certain that he was joking :o - that said!!
marko236

Peterle is spot on, trail and error that's all it takes to be a good trader and entering a trade at the right time.
jimibt

marko236 wrote:Peterle is spot on, trail and error that's all it takes to be a good trader and entering a trade at the right time.
agreed!!

100%
Mikky

I am actually starting to think you would be BETTER OFF just leaving the automation to do it's thing. The reason is, as it goes on now and I am watching it, I am really tempted to start tweaking things and I know I shouldn't because this has been doing well throughout testing!
JacobHenry

This is somewhat of an amateurish question and for that I apologise.

I automated some racing for Friday night. I have the luxury of being able to trade on the PC's at my day office as they are Windows based. At home I only use Mac.

I noticed that only one trade actioned itself. Everything was set up correctly. Does the PC going in sleep mode (when you've not made a key stroke for sometime) somehow deactivate Guardian?
MemphisFlash

yes you need to turn off sleep mode.
sa7med

megarain wrote:
Fri May 27, 2016 5:48 pm
How hard would it be, to get BA to send u a SMS or some other form of comms, once a set threshold has been met ?
you could do this through excel
JacobHenry

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:14 am
yes you need to turn off sleep mode.
Thank you
Kafkaesque

At the times when I'm leaving it along while out, I'm not so much nervous about my own automations and Bet Angel running without glitches. I'm much more so concerned about a Betfair outage or an Internet outage on my end (where I can't kick in my backup, obviously), so that I can't take measures.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”