Number of matched bets condition

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
warren0

Hi,

I'm trying to create a 'back-up' rule on a bot so if the original back is triggered and the market then moves against it I can introduce a second bet that forms security covering the first.

However I would only want to introduce this rule on the condition that the first bet was matched.

I have attached the screen shot of my matched bet condition box which is just what I assumed was the best option? Any help would be great

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warren0

Just tested it and it definitely is not working properly as it triggered along with the other rule so doubled my liability.
Dallas

Its the correct condition but it depends on what the rest of you rule is doing, for example if your first part backs the first runner to trade at 2.0 and this second part is set to lay the runner at 10.0 (if 1 matched bet) then as soon as the first is matched it will trigger the 2nd because your laying above the current odds there for Betfair will match you immedietly at the best odds avalible.
warren0

Currently it triggers the condition when the favourite comes but then triggers the second bet immediately afterwards on the same runner.

I am wondering whether there is a rule to arm the trigger on the second bet, once the initial bet is matched?

Second to that whether there is a rule that allows me to exclude the initial runner from selection for the second bet?

From there I am fairly happy building the rules.

Anything like those sounding possible?

Thanks Dallas
Dallas

warren0 wrote:I am wondering whether there is a rule to arm the trigger on the second bet, once the initial bet is matched?
Yes this possible by using the new signal feature, so set a signal when the 1st is triggered and make a condition of the 2nd rule that a signal must bet set.
You will need to be using BA V1.44 for this

In this instance the signal is only going to be similar to the
"number of matched bets condition on market equals '1'
Which you have already tried
warren0 wrote:Second to that whether there is a rule that allows me to exclude the initial runner from selection for the second bet?
On the 2nd rule you could add a matched bet condition on selection equals '0'
Applies to 'ANY'

Let me know how you get on with that.
warren0

Thanks Dallas I'll take a look and have a play and get back to you

Also as a side-note is there a function that prevents any single selection from receiving over £X amount of money on it? In for example bots that trigger multiple times is there a way to say don't let there be more than £X amount at any single point on one selection?

Thanks again, I'm learning a lot
Dallas

Yes there is a "Matched bets amount" condition where you can specify if a selections back or lay bets are greater, less or equal to a value.
warren0

Amazing - that looks to be very useful

I have one more question for the night and then I'll be ready to trial it tomorrow to let you know - on the matched bets amounts if I did not want that value to exceed £10 would I select the condition 'equal to' £10? It seems very simple but I just wanted to make sure?

Also does that condition cover all money placed on, for example, the back side across the entire race or just live at that moment? The reason I ask this question is with regard to if the first selection was cashed out would the £10 limit still remain as historical data for that race,or would the value only refer to 'live' money?

Again I really appreciate the time in answering these Dallas

Thanks again
Dallas

No equal to £10 would mean the rule would only trigger if £10 of back or lay bets had already been matched.

If you did nt want to exceed £10 of back bets
You would set it for Total amount of Back bets
is 'less'
than fixed amount £10

But if you where placing £9 back bets and one was matched it would allow another to be placed because at the time of it triggering the matched amount of £9 is still below £10 so you need to take the stake size your using into account.

If you set both back and lays to be less than £10 then had a back rule which placed a £10 back bet which was then greening up with a £15 lay bet then once both where matched no more could be placed on that selection

It counts all money for that market regardless if placed in-running by automation or first thing in the morning manually
warren0

Thanks Dallas for helping me develop the ideas
jaketarn

Hi All
Just been looking around the Forum to see if I could find an answer to my question but I'm stuck!
I have a bot that backs the favourite at different odd ranges but need it to fire only once at what ever the odds may be at the time.
So I have it set up to fire in at odds of 3.00, 3.20, 3.40 etc. up to 3.80 on the Favourite. However I only want it to get matched at any one of those odds, not all of them.
What's happening at the moment is say if the favourite is currently at 4.20, all of the Place Back Bets get matched and this is what it says in my Log:
£3.00 Back bet placed on 1in order of favouritism at 3.00 Fully matched at 4.20 Ref:1010
£3.00 Back bet placed on 1in order of favouritism at 3.20 Fully matched at 4.20 Ref:1011
£3.00 Back bet placed on 1in order of favouritism at 3.40 Fully matched at 4.20 Ref:1012

Also on my parameters I have it on Fixed Price £3.00 at odds of 3.00 for each Rule so why are they being matched at 4.20
Tried Number of Matched Bets =1 and Number of Place Bet Triggers Condition =1 but doesn't seem to be working. I've got to be doing something silly.
Would appreciate any help. :roll:
Dabbla

You need to add a fix odds condition to each rule, that will stop bets be placed at 4.2.
The fixed odds condition should the odds you want to take.
The Number of Matched Bets or Place Bet Triggers Condition should be equal 0 or less than 1 .
jaketarn

Thanks Dabbla I knew it would be a simple fix. I'll have another look at it.
gstar1975

I would like to place bets to win a fixed amount. Also I would not like my bets to be taken pre off but at BSP. The trouble is when a bet gets matched it keeps placing bets. Is there a way to instead of having a fixed stake, have a fixed "TO WIN" value so it stops placing bets after this has been achieved?

I have tried using the Matched Bets condition but if a bet has been paritally filled it stops placing bets so I dont get the amount on I need.

Also there is an option for Matched Bets Amount but this is only for the back bet amount and not the total fixed "to win" amount. Is there a way or does this option need to be added to a future version?
weemac

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:50 pm
I would like to place bets to win a fixed amount. Also I would not like my bets to be taken pre off but at BSP. The trouble is when a bet gets matched it keeps placing bets. Is there a way to instead of having a fixed stake, have a fixed "TO WIN" value so it stops placing bets after this has been achieved?

I have tried using the Matched Bets condition but if a bet has been paritally filled it stops placing bets so I dont get the amount on I need.

Also there is an option for Matched Bets Amount but this is only for the back bet amount and not the total fixed "to win" amount. Is there a way or does this option need to be added to a future version?
It's been discussed and asked for here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23678

Might help if you add your support for it.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”