Placing disadvantageous bets - on purpose.

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Frogmella

Can I make BA automation place a lay bet pre off that is worse than the current price. e.g. Current Lay price is 12 and I want a lay order to sit waiting at say, 15, only to be filled in-play if the price drifts out?

"Custom Ticks above..." doesn't seem to work, it just fills at the "better" current price.

Anyone got any ideas?
Dallas

Frogmella

Thanks Dallas. sadly, that ruleset can't really do what I was hoping for.

Is this insistance on filling the best price available, a Bet Angel or a Betfair limitation?
Dallas

Frogmella wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:25 pm
Thanks Dallas. sadly, that ruleset can't really do what I was hoping for.

Is this insistance on filling the best price available, a Bet Angel or a Betfair limitation?
Sorry thought you were wanting to lay at higher odds as the price drifted

Its Betfair that match ppls bets at the best price avaliable when they arrive in the market.
Frogmella

I wanted to be able to place the lay bet, pre-off on a specific selection, just a few ticks away from its current best price.

I suppose if betfair allowed this type of thing, everyone would be laying at 1000 and vice versa.
Jukebox

Plenty of people do lay at 1000 - what you are trying to do is lay at a certain price but only 'if' the price comes out to there - it is the 'if' part that Betfair can't deal with - and of course they will always give you the best price available - but you have the perfect tool with BA automation to trigger your bets only 'if' a price hits your desired price.
firlandsfarm

Reactivating this thread because it's close to what I would like to achieve but it's not quite there. I want to place a lay bet in running at a price as a %age of the BSP and greater than the current price ... for instance, if the BSP was say 10 and the current price is 15 I want to be able to place a lay bet if the in running price drifts out to say double the BSP (20 in this example). Clearly I can't place the bet until the price drifts to 20 but I can only see a Relative Odds Condition for Ticks or Odds above BSP, not %age and the "Custom % above Actual SP" odds option only seems to be available when placing a simple Back or Lay bet and so would need a Condition to delay firing until current price meets required price. In the stock market we call it a Stop Order.

I wonder if I can set a Signal to indicate when the required price has been reached and then loop round to fire the bet but Signals and I never seem to get on as friends! Whenever I try to use one it refuses to do what I consider to be clear logic. I'm sure it's me not understanding how to set up and manage Signals ... I can see the use but just can't get them to do what I want! And anyway, regardless of how I apply a Signal I still can't see how to make it dependant on a % of Actual BSP in running.

Any help, please.
firlandsfarm

Solved it with Excel. Get Excel to monitor the odds and then fire a bet to the market when odds condition is reached. :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”