Green all Selections rule help.

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Willygubbins

Hi, The green all selections rule has the option in the parameters to either place on the current market price or the reverse market price, is current market price always Back? and reverse always lay? or does it depend on the original bets placed? what are the benefits of the reverse price?
Dallas

It depends on the original bet placed
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rev ... 3D&mw=MzIw
Willygubbins

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:08 am
Thank you Dallas, that was perfect, So potentially i may be able to use it to beat the bet delay wehn greening up based on P&L value?...
Dallas

Willygubbins wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:41 am
Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:08 am
Thank you Dallas, that was perfect, So potentially i may be able to use it to beat the bet delay wehn greening up based on P&L value?...
The same delay will still apply when reverse greening and you will actually get matched much less than normal because your offering and not taking a price, but if you do get matched using reverse greening it will increase your profit
MobiusGrey

Hi Dallas,

With greening at best market price I normally allow the rule to trigger twice 15 seconds apart over a 30 second period as a safety. With reverse market greening I'm assuming it's entering an order into the market rather than taking a current price therefore if you allow the rule to trigger more times than you have open orders you'll end up placing another position. Eg. I have a £100 back bet at 1.91, green all selections at reverse market price allowed to trigger 2 times 15 seconds apart, the first one greens the second one places another lay into the market?
Dallas

MobiusGrey wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:21 pm
Hi Dallas,

With greening at best market price I normally allow the rule to trigger twice 15 seconds apart over a 30 second period as a safety. With reverse market greening I'm assuming it's entering an order into the market rather than taking a current price therefore if you allow the rule to trigger more times than you have open orders you'll end up placing another position. Eg. I have a £100 back bet at 1.91, green all selections at reverse market price allowed to trigger 2 times 15 seconds apart, the first one greens the second one places another lay into the market?
Yes reverse greening offers a price rather than taking a price, but like regular greening it will only place a bet if there is a position to green up, so if your first is matched their won't be a second-placed
ShaunWhite

Greening cancels any existing unmatched bets so fire it as often as you want.

Re:Having a position to green up. I'm not sure what tollerance BA uses but when I used to use Guardian it would submit greening transactions even if there was only a few pence discrepancy across the board. That quite often unbalanced a perfectly satisfactory situation, and occasionally turning a profit into a loss.
MobiusGrey

Dallas wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:13 pm
MobiusGrey wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:21 pm
Hi Dallas,

Yes reverse greening offers a price rather than taking a price, but like regular greening it will only place a bet if there is a position to green up, so if your first is matched their won't be a second-placed
Excellent
MobiusGrey

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:38 pm
Greening cancels any existing unmatched bets so fire it as often as you want.

Re:Having a position to green up. I'm not sure what tollerance BA uses but when I used to use Guardian it would submit greening transactions even if there was only a few pence discrepancy across the board. That quite often unbalanced a perfectly satisfactory situation, and occasionally turning a profit into a loss.
This is what I was concerned about, you've managed to word it more succinctly than myself, I remember testing a bot with £2 stakes and had greening to fire about 20 times, ended up with an unhealthy looking position but I think it was possibly the timing that I had off rather than the number of greening transactions firing.
BetScalper

Transactions can get queued at BF, especially in-play. Firing in lots of green ups can be very dangerous in fast moving markets like horse racing etc.

You can also have problems with the API.

I would wait at least 5 seconds before rearming but even then there is no guarantee that it won’t mess up.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”