Botty Challenges

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mcgoo

smoother...
horses.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcgoo

My word...writing bots is easy. Refining them is a bloody art form :shock: .I keep seeing things I've missed .Then the damn thing is profiting but the geek in you knows it is not working right(cos you've found the subtle error)..quandary... :D I need more VM's! :ugeek: Stored values and signals=awesome capability to put bots on a string. ...I could be doing this for [more] years :lol:
anyway...gold hills and all that ;)
PS: Spent 3 days writing a 48 rule bot..last night I wrote 20 of them.Nearly broke my head. :D Wife very disinterested. Glad I am off to Fiji in a week or 2...I can kayak, drink beer, snorkel etc and look (slightly)more manly to my family :lol:
mcgoo

Always such a kick in the nethers when it drops that much on one bloomin day :shock: :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sionascaig

Strangely my dog bot took a downward turn at the start of the world cup and has not recovered... Just wondering if there is something different about the markets in the summer - certainly wasn't expecting it - what could possibly be different in the summer for dogs!
mcgoo

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:44 am
Strangely my dog bot took a downward turn at the start of the world cup and has not recovered... Just wondering if there is something different about the markets in the summer - certainly wasn't expecting it - what could possibly be different in the summer for dogs!
Hot..dogs :)? dunno mate.I certainly can't explain how things turn...maddening :) :ugeek:
dragontrades

I am having trouble with the Close trade with greening rule. It seems to enter the closing order a split second before cancelling the unmatched bets meaning sometimes both get matched.
Surely it should be the other way around?
BetScalper

dragontrades wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:13 pm
I am having trouble with the Close trade with greening rule. It seems to enter the closing order a split second before cancelling the unmatched bets meaning sometimes both get matched.
Surely it should be the other way around?
I had the sane problems awhile ago.

The close trade with greening performs 2 actions which get sent the BF servers. Problem is there is no guarantee which one gets actioned first.

Due to WiFi, bottlenecks or issues at BF then it could happen. There is no transactional type processing of orders etc.

This is why I had to break everything down using signals and unmatched bet conditions to basically cover everything that could go wrong or get rejected for any reason.

The same is true for the greenup function in general.

99% of the time you will be fine but in fast moving markets and due to any technical issues then you can end up in a right mess.
mcgoo

So nice to come home to :mrgreen: after 10 days away. Such a good feeling to be back in front of me triple display again too :geek: ...mobile phone>> remote access>> server: too damn small font :D
Only paid for a cpl of beers (much better than losing though) but awesome to be 'hands off'and let BA do its thing :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mcgoo

Horse bot: 33 rules :shock: ..managing partial matches + checkpoints nearly drove me nuts :evil: ..it might yet. Amazing what you see if you watch markets long and often enough. I suspect the really experienced ones here must have almost psychic predictive powers by now. I do love the botting process. I think you have to love code/process to keep cracking at this. Every time you think you have hit the wall your mind works in the background to come up with a solution-and usually hits you as you driving down the road or in the middle of the night :o :shock: .Prediction is half the battle.Managing open trades is an art form. My Kingdom for offered amount tracking ;) :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit: sionascaig..how are your hot dogs doing? :D
sionascaig

Took a break from dogs and focusing on cricket & the horses atm - just manual trading to get a better feel for the markets & come up with ideas - which I'm writing down in a book beside the desk so I don't forget )

Will go back to botting the dogs soon but been enjoying the break & hope to go back refreshed - it was a bit of hit physiologically seeing the dog bot go up in flames....

33 rules! Must be fun trying to unpick that one )

One of the problems I have is knowing when to stop from a are the rules optimised point of view... i.e. do I make the parameters looser or tighter - I sure in the past I've scrubbed good ideas due to small sample sizes or too conservative an approach etc...
mcgoo

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:18 am
Took a break from dogs and focusing on cricket & the horses atm - just manual trading to get a better feel for the markets & come up with ideas - which I'm writing down in a book beside the desk so I don't forget )

Will go back to botting the dogs soon but been enjoying the break & hope to go back refreshed - it was a bit of hit physiologically seeing the dog bot go up in flames....

33 rules! Must be fun trying to unpick that one )

One of the problems I have is knowing when to stop from a are the rules optimised point of view... i.e. do I make the parameters looser or tighter - I sure in the past I've scrubbed good ideas due to small sample sizes or too conservative an approach etc...
Yes, that is an issue. I am sure I have done similar over the years. Tonight''s results looking ok so far:
Greyhound Racing / Trar (AUS) 7th Sep : R5 525m Heat 07-Sep-18 20:15 07-Sep-18 20:16 -0.20
Greyhound Racing / Trar (AUS) 7th Sep : R4 395m Gr4/5 07-Sep-18 19:55 07-Sep-18 19:56 0.28
Greyhound Racing / Dubb (AUS) 7th Sep : R3 400m Rest 07-Sep-18 19:25 07-Sep-18 19:26 0.15
Greyhound Racing / Bend (AUS) 7th Sep : R12 425m Gr5 07-Sep-18 18:58 07-Sep-18 18:59 0.29
Greyhound Racing / Bend (AUS) 7th Sep : R7 500m Gr5 07-Sep-18 17:17 07-Sep-18 17:18 -0.06
Greyhound Racing / Ipsw (AUS) 7th Sep : R3 431m Nvce 07-Sep-18 16:17 07-Sep-18 16:19 0.28
Horse Racing / GlPk (AUS) 7th Sep : R2 1730m Pace M 07-Sep-18 19:50 07-Sep-18 19:53 -0.33
Horse Racing / Bend (AUS) 7th Sep : R5 2150m Pace M 07-Sep-18 19:30 07-Sep-18 19:35 0.56
Horse Racing / Bend (AUS) 7th Sep : R4 1650m Pace M 07-Sep-18 19:00 07-Sep-18 19:04 0.20
Horse Racing / Newc (AUS) 7th Sep : R1 2030m Pace M 07-Sep-18 17:43 07-Sep-18 17:46 0.09
Horse Racing / Tunc (AUS) 7th Sep : R8 1200m Hcap 07-Sep-18 17:10 07-Sep-18 17:13 0.10
Horse Racing / Canb (AUS) 7th Sep : R7 1280m Hcap 07-Sep-18 16:55 07-Sep-18 17:12 -0.25
Horse Racing / Tunc (AUS) 7th Sep : R7 2100m Cup 07-Sep-18 16:35 07-Sep-18 16:40 0.46
Horse Racing / APrk (AUS) 7th Sep : R4 1660m Pace M 07-Sep-18 16:23 07-Sep-18 16:26 0.23

..but been here before :D ..yes 33 rules..it's keeping track of all the Signals and SV's that breaks my brain
Is a tough tough game. I feel like I am gaining on it a bit but one has to be dynamic that's for sure. My tennis bot is caning me at the mo.Good luck :geek: :mrgreen:
mcgoo

Horse bot has way too many rules but I enjoy the tinkering. Question for the ''automa---trons' among us..I have seen some strange goings on with matched bets not being detected as matched (for 10 seconds or more even-which completely wrecks count numbers etc), multiple bets, offset bets being placed when fill or kill is set and there's clearly no matched bet etc-and that was all today. I check and re-check the logic and log everything and then analyse logs for ages along with tracking bet id's.There will be long runs of things working and then boom..something odd. I have seen market refreshes slowing and BA gets sluggish sometimes and thought this could be the problem i.e. delays. -you can also see delayed clock countdowns. I improved things re up'íng the refresh to 200ms from 40ms so...What's the general feeling re polling vs streaming for automation? I am thinking about trying polling in case it is more stable Appreciate thoughts/advice .Cheers :)
Dabbla

mcgoo wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:07 pm
Horse bot has way too many rules but I enjoy the tinkering. Question for the ''automa---trons' among us..I have seen some strange goings on with matched bets not being detected as matched (for 10 seconds or more even-which completely wrecks count numbers etc), multiple bets, offset bets being placed when fill or kill is set and there's clearly no matched bet etc-and that was all today. I check and re-check the logic and log everything and then analyse logs for ages along with tracking bet id's.There will be long runs of things working and then boom..something odd. I have seen market refreshes slowing and BA gets sluggish sometimes and thought this could be the problem i.e. delays. -you can also see delayed clock countdowns. I improved things re up'íng the refresh to 200ms from 40ms so...What's the general feeling re polling vs streaming for automation? I am thinking about trying polling in case it is more stable Appreciate thoughts/advice .Cheers :)

Are you storing a lot of numbers to the log? I’m pretty sure that has an effect on refresh etc. My advice would be to only store numbers to the log when first testing. If things work well then don’t log any more.
sionascaig

mcgoo wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:07 pm
The only times I've come across this are when: 1. Internet issue, 2. Betfair issue, 3. Streaming issue.... all of which may be related...

The usual solutions for me are: 1. Switch to polling (and maybe switch back), 2. Check the connection speeds when polling (at bottom of betangel ladder screen). 3 Resync internet clock (using the network time sync tool that Euler posted a while back), 4. Check status on betfair...

Usually its when I'm manual trading that I've noticed so not sure what implications are for botting. Would be a bit concerned if you moved to polling for automation as may hit no. of bet caps per hour charges depending on what you are doing?

The only obvious solution is just to stop botting if you can identify when it occurs?
Jukebox

Restricting the refresh so the bot can concentrate on the matter in hand without updating other events unecessarily is important if you have a bot that is expected to react quickly in response to changes.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”