Stop Losses Not being matched

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
RicHep365

afternoon all, what's the best thing to do about stop losses not being matched while using automation, I've had a few instances today where my stop has been jumped over and I've ended up losing more than intended, there doesn't appear to be a way of rearming a stop loss if the original one is missed?
Dallas

I would never use a stop loss in-play for those reasons.
instead i would always add a 'Green up' rule, weather that be a monetry value, time etc it can at least be set to trigger multiple times - still not guaranteed of course but greater increases your chances over a regular stop that fires just once
RicHep365

this isn't inplay, this is pre race. it's happened 4 times in slow markets, only small amounts too. The other thing I notice is the stops aren't greening up the amount like the closing trades when it goes the right way, they're leaving a small open liability.
Dallas

RicHep365 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:36 pm
this isn't inplay, this is pre race. it's happened 4 times in slow markets, only small amounts too. The other thing I notice is the stops aren't greening up the amount like the closing trades when it goes the right way, they're leaving a small open liability.
If its pre play then just set the place at value a tick or two behind your trigger value and that should stop you out in all but extream cases of price moves
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11746

Stops take there valuse from the offset side, the larger offset and/or stop being used the more uneven it will be, so a final green up will be required
RicHep365

Is it possible to trigger a green up on a specific horse once the stop has been taken?
Dallas

RicHep365 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:36 pm
Is it possible to trigger a green up on a specific horse once the stop has been taken?
Yes you would use the rule type 'Close trade on selection with greening' then add a condition that would identify when a stops been triggered.
Depending on your exact stratergy this could be any of a number of things
RicHep365

Dallas wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:01 pm
RicHep365 wrote:
Yes you would use the rule type 'Close trade on selection with greening' then add a condition that would identify when a stops been triggered.
Ok cheers Dallas, I've added a 'close trade on selection with greening' while number of unmatched trades = 0, i guess this will constantly green any horses with no unmatched trades, but can't think of any other trigger?
RicHep365

RicHep365 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:47 am
Dallas wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:01 pm
RicHep365 wrote:
Ok cheers Dallas, I've added a 'close trade on selection with greening' while number of unmatched trades = 0, i guess this will constantly green any horses with no unmatched trades, but can't think of any other trigger?
I tried this but it didn't solve the problem, not sure how to tell the automation to green up once a trade has been completed? Any ideas Dallas?
Suoyo

Hi,

Please, am not sure this is the right thread to post this but...

I just need a quick guide on how to create a signal to monitor all horses above 3.0 starting price, and then place a back bet of $10 on the first to trade bellow 2.90 fixed odds. Offset with greening 60 ticks. ...I need to add some red up conditions to it though, but setting up signals is my challenge for now.

Thanks.
Dallas

Suoyo wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:04 am
Hi,

Please, am not sure this is the right thread to post this but...

I just need a quick guide on how to create a signal to monitor all horses above 3.0 starting price, and then place a back bet of $10 on the first to trade bellow 2.90 fixed odds. Offset with greening 60 ticks. ...I need to add some red up conditions to it though, but setting up signals is my challenge for now.

Thanks.
It doesnt' require any signals just needs a back bet rule and on the parameters tab add
place at 2.90
Fixed stake £10

Global Settings
Offset bet with greening
Ticks 60
Fill/kill ticked

On the condition tab add
Fixed odds cond
Selections BSP > 3.0

Fixed odds cond
Selections last traded price is < 2.9

and if you wish to add some form of stop if loss get to high click 'green plus' icon to add another rule type
Close trade on selection with greening

Conditions
Close trade profit condition
is less than -£2.00 (assuming you want to exit if your loss exceeds -£2)

Number of matched bets condition
on selection
is greater than 0

that will do it
Suoyo

Thanks so much! I really do appreciate.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”