Cancel existing unmatched bet on condition

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
RicHep365

I have some scalping automation which has fill or kill bets set to 60 seconds and only allows 1 bet on a runner at any one time.

I'd like to add a condition which says any unmatched bets are cancelled should the price move a certain number of ticks away from it, so the automation can reset itself rather than waiting for the fill or kill to expire.

Does anybody know if this is possible?
Dallas

Yes its possible by using the rule type - 'Cancel All Unmatched Bets On Selection (Price Dependant)'

I recently created a servant that does this so you could just copy those setting over to your exsisting file
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15466
RicHep365

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:07 pm
Yes its possible by using the rule type - 'Cancel All Unmatched Bets On Selection (Price Dependant)'

I recently created a servant that does this so you could just copy those setting over to your exsisting file
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15466
Thanks Dallas, that's great.

In your experience, what's the optimal place to put a stop on a scalping strategy. Is there a distance that is statistically the best? I've got a stop 5 ticks away to give some room for the strategy to breath, but obviously this means I have to complete a lot of 1 tick scalps if things go wrong.
Dallas

TBH I prefer to manage my trades manually so rarely if ever use stop losses,
RicHep365

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:53 pm
I tend to agree, I never use stops in financial markets, however for a scalping bot that I intend to leave running, it feels prudent to have something in place. I'd like to be able to say, place a stop 1 tick outside the high/low range for the past x number of minutes, but don't think that's an option.
Dallas

RicHep365 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:56 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:53 pm
I tend to agree, I never use stops in financial markets, however for a scalping bot that I intend to leave running, it feels prudent to have something in place. I'd like to be able to say, place a stop 1 tick outside the high/low range for the past x number of minutes, but don't think that's an option.
Theres no conditions/options to look at the traded range of a selection, but agree it s worth having something in place if running a fully automated and unattended scalping bot
fairbet

Hi,

please, I have a similar challenge with my Bot.

I have a Bot that places a lay bet on a particular selection soon as the event start,
consequently, the place lay bet will usually seat on the ladder waiting for the price to drop, in other to be matched.

However, my challenge is, how do I cancel this pending unmatched bet if the selections back price drift above 100 odds?

I know that by default, the bet will be cleared soon as the event is suspended, but I would rather like to cancel the bet soon as the back price drift above 100 odds.

Thanks..
Dallas

fairbet wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:23 am
Hi,

please, I have a similar challenge with my Bot.

I have a Bot that places a lay bet on a particular selection soon as the event start,
consequently, the place lay bet will usually seat on the ladder waiting for the price to drop, in other to be matched.

However, my challenge is, how do I cancel this pending unmatched bet if the selections back price drift above 100 odds?

I know that by default, the bet will be cleared soon as the event is suspended, but I would rather like to cancel the bet soon as the back price drift above 100 odds.

Thanks..
You can use the rule
'Cancel unmatched bets on selection (price dependant)'

Then add a 'Fixed odds condition'
selections LTP
is greater than 100
fairbet

Ok.
Thanks for your quick reply.

...On the Parameter tab, what action and what price should I use?
Dallas

fairbet wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:48 pm
Ok.
Thanks for your quick reply.

...On the Parameter tab, what action and what price should I use?
Cancel bets priced < price parameter
George Clift

Hi Dallas,

You may have already answered this question, so excuse me if I've missed something.
Is it possible to Cancel unmatched bets due to the time they are exposed to the market, rather than "Price dependent" ?
I want to implement a stop, at best market price, that triggers after so many seconds.

George.
Dallas

George Clift wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:43 pm
Hi Dallas,

You may have already answered this question, so excuse me if I've missed something.
Is it possible to Cancel unmatched bets due to the time they are exposed to the market, rather than "Price dependent" ?
I want to implement a stop, at best market price, that triggers after so many seconds.

George.
If your referring to the opening bet you can use the fill/kill option to do this
George Clift

No, I don't mean for the opening bet. I mean for the offset bet that is placed automatically, once the opening bet has been matched.
Dallas

George Clift wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:53 pm
No, I don't mean for the opening bet. I mean for the offset bet that is placed automatically, once the opening bet has been matched.
It can be done but will need a servant to do it and depending on your betting activity and strategy it will vary how it needs to be set up
A very basic setup would be if you were placing 1 bet at a time for a similar amount then you could use a

Set/modify signal rule with a 'unmatched bets amount' condition to test the unmatched lay bet is equal to (whatever your stake is)

Then with a cancel, all unmatched bets rule add a 'Signal changed' condition to specify the time after the signal was set (ie, offset lay bet was placed)
George Clift

Thanks Dallas.
I want to use it fully automated, it's for a scalp bot. I want to be able to set a stop loss, for the unmatched bet, when the market has gone against me, but I don't want to set the stop by ticks, I want to set it by time. I find with a normal stop loss, being that the Greyhound markets are so erratic, it gets triggered by spikes all too easily.
I'll have a play around with the Set/modify signal rule and the unmatched bets amount and see if I can make it work.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”