Excluding A Selection With Guardian

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
cmuddle

Is there a way to exclude a selection in a rule?

If I want to exclude the favourite for example in an automation rule,

or 1st and 2nd favourite.

If there is no such condition that would be useful I think. :idea:

Thanks
Dallas

It can be done using signals.

Set a signal on the fav
Then add a condition to your rule/s that a signal is NOT set on a selection
ShaunWhite

On a similar subject. What are the default values for selections that aren't running? For instance if I'm checking selection X and there's only X-1 runners. Zeros? If so then when testing a price is above X then the condition will always be true?

Basically I was trying to select races with <X runners or where the Xth was over a certain price.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 pm
On a similar subject. What are the default values for selections that aren't running? For instance if I'm checking selection X and there's only X-1 runners. Zeros? If so then when testing a price is above X then the condition will always be true?

Basically I was trying to select races with <X runners or where the Xth was over a certain price.
Im not 100% sure what you mean in the first paragraph

For your last line a 'Number of selections' and a 'Fixed odds condition' can be used to test those, although I suspect that part you already know
cmuddle

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Set a signal on the fav
Thanks Dallas,

could you please check if I did it right.

I have added a rule with a signal on the selection in betfair row number 1 with any name, value 1.

Then in the main rule added a condition that a signal with the same name is not set with a value.

Question, how many times and how frequent should the rule with signal be set to trigger?

Appreciate your help.
Dallas

cmuddle wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 am
Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Set a signal on the fav
Thanks Dallas,

could you please check if I did it right.

I have added a rule with a signal on the selection in betfair row number 1 with any name, value 1.

Then in the main rule added a condition that a signal with the same name is not set with a value.

Question, how many times and how frequent should the rule with signal be set to trigger?

Appreciate your help.
Yes thats right, you only need trigger it the once, then if you do decide to bet on it just clear the signal with another set/modify signal rule

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”