Stopping fresh Selections (sorry can't think of a good title!)

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
firlandsfarm

Help, I need some grey matter input if someone could be so kind to mull this over.

I'm trying to set up a set of automation rules as follows:-

From all runners pick the first that meets a qualifying criteria for a bet to be placed ...
Place the bet ...
Prevent additional bets from being placed on any other runner that later meets the criteria ...
But allow additional bets on the first qualifying selection if it qualifies again.

Maybe a silly example will help ...

Monitor the prices of all runners; place a bet on the first runner (if any) whose price comes in by 20%; if other runners' prices later come in by 20% do not place a bet on them but if the original qualifier's price reduces by a further 20% then place another bet on that runner.

I'm thinking it should be possible by using some form of combination of Conditions and Signals but can't quite get my head around it right now!

My thanks to anyone who can show me the way :)
Dallas

You will need two Identcial rules, run the first as normal to place first bet but on the signal tab use 'set a signal' on that selection and give it a name

Then on your second rule you can set it to trigger multiple times and use a 'Signal set' on selection condition to ensure it only triggers on that original selection.

Dont forget to remove the set signal from the signal tab of your second rule as no further signals are required
firlandsfarm

OK, I can see where you are going on this Dallas and thanks for getting the brainwaves active.

Wouldn't I need a Condition in the first rule that "the number of Place Bet Rules Triggered" on The Market is equal to "0" to get the first bet to fire but stop any other firings of this rule and then take it out in the second rule so that bets can be fired on the 'qualified' selection?

And would the first rule Set the value of Signal Backed to "1" for the Selection and then in the second rule have a Condition that the signal Backed must have a value of "1" for the selection.
Dallas

Depending on the set up of your first rule and how your triggering/placing bets - if a bet is likely to be matched when placed you could just arm it to trigger once and have the signal set as per my earlier post.

Or if your offering bets outside the price with a fill /kill etc so it may require multiple triggers before a match you would need some conditions like the following
Number of matched bets cond
Number of unmatched bets cond
Number of place bet triggers cond
etc

If its the later rather than use the signal tab to set your signal you will need to add a seperate set/nodify signal rule to trigger
ie, when the number of matched bets are = to 1

Then still set your 2nd betting rule to only trigger on a selection with a signal set on it
firlandsfarm

Thanks Dallas, I think I have the gist of the alternatives/options ... I'll work with them. :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”