Won't "keep" bets

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Blueecho

Followed Peter's Youtube video for automated dobbing but rarely does it actually "keep" the lay bet and I have to do it manually, so kind of defeats the purpose of automation. Hunted the forum for answers but I already had my refresh rate for guardian at 20ms. Any help would be appreciated. first daliance in to automation :D
convoysur-2

your rules file for keep bets has to be wrong
Blueecho

Followed Peter's video exactly.It works sometimes but not always weird :?
So I am still no further forward :(
Anyone got any ideas? Dallas?
Dallas

Blueecho wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:34 pm
Followed Peter's video exactly.It works sometimes but not always weird :?
So I am still no further forward :(
Anyone got any ideas? Dallas?
If you have multiple markets in Guardian, you will need to increase the arm time window of your 'Keep Bets' rule.
if you set it to trigger 5 times, rearm every 2 sec
from 00:00:00 before event start time
till 00:00:11 After event start time

That should do it

If you have a read of this thread it explains how guardian handles multiple market and the impact it has on your rules, and why allow sufficiant arm times are important
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Blueecho

Thanks will give it a go :D
Blueecho

Unfortunately even withthe above adjustments done still intermittent with keeping inplay very frustrating :oops:
Dallas

Blueecho wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:00 pm
Unfortunately even withthe above adjustments done still intermittent with keeping inplay very frustrating :oops:
Next time it does not work can you post a screenshot showing your full main guardian page
Then one of the 'logs' for that race?
Blueecho

2018-01-25 (4).png
2018-01-25 (1).png
2018-01-25 (2).png
same as before
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blueecho

2018-01-25 (6).png
However the next race did???????
One after that didn't!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Can you also attach a copy of the rules file you were using?
Blueecho

By the way the screen showing saved bet info I was looking at to see if I had missed something with this ....but I haven't :(
same as peters you tube one one automatoin dobbing
Blueecho

2018-01-25 (7).png
2018-01-25 (8).png
2018-01-25 (9).png
Dallas

I have just copied and created the same file but used the arm times for the keep bets rule I advised on the 1st page because I have loads of markets in guardian and it triggered perfectly both times

Dob1.JPG

Dob2.JPG

Notice how in the 2nd image it triggered exactly at the time it was armed but in the first image it wasn't until 1 second after it was armed.
This will be due to the number of markets in guardian and the cycling it has to do between refreshes (as explained in the earlier link sent).
Had this been your rule it would not have triggered on the first market as yours is set to arm then disarm at 00:00:00
Blueecho

As I said I just followed Peter's video, :D so if I adjust the keep bet inplay rules trigger time rules to "until 00.02.00 " and select "after event start time and keepng "allow rules to trigger up to" 5 and wait 2.
This would cover my bets to always keep in play,yes?
Also I had the restricted refresh on and it was only refreshing 2-3 races(1200/900) but had about 10 races selected but no automation on them yet,(if this makes sense) I thought if it was on restricted refresh it was only"cycling" through the 2-3 races that I could see was refreshing
Will try again with the above changes and see how I get on
Dallas

Blueecho wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:32 pm
As I said I just followed Peter's video, :D so if I adjust the keep bet inplay rules trigger time rules to "until 00.02.00 " and select "after event start time and keepng "allow rules to trigger up to" 5 and wait 2.
This would cover my bets to always keep in play,yes?
Also I had the restricted refresh on and it was only refreshing 2-3 races(1200/900) but had about 10 races selected but no automation on them yet,(if this makes sense) I thought if it was on restricted refresh it was only"cycling" through the 2-3 races that I could see was refreshing
Will try again with the above changes and see how I get on
Your correct about the restrict refresh limiting the number of markets guardian has to cycle through and refresh, even if you have automation applied to all markets in guardian it will still only refresh those that fall within the times you have set.

I assume you mean your's was set to
1200 secs before time
till 900 after start time
If so then thats fine for this rule

When Peter demonstrates the setting up of a rule its usually done very generically so any arm times etc used will just be a broad example usually for when having just the one market in guardian at a time. Depending on how a user intends to run the rule, set Guardian up, the number of markets they add etc they may need to adjust some of the settings shown.
As per my original message for this rule if running on multiple markets its better to have a larger arm window to allow the keep unmatched bets rule chance to trigger multiple time rather than confine it trigger to post time exactly - even a split second drop in connection at the wrong time between your PC and Betfair would mean this rule would miss its trigger.

For this strategy a keep unmatched bets rule could be set it to trigger every few seconds until a few minutes after event start time - its overkill but wont cause any harm

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”