What function?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
tb_smoelf

Hi.
I'm struggling, to find out how to extract data from BetAngel to a spread sheet.
In this search I have seen a rule in the "Automation" section.
"Export profit and loss report". What does it do?
Best, Tim
Dallas

It saves a snapshot of the market profit and loss values at the time of the trigger. The values are appended to a date-stamped CSV format file (that can be read by Excel), so that one file per day is produced.
The folder containing the data files can be found by clicking the 'Explore profit reports folder' button at the top of Bet Angel Guardian in the 'Automation' tab.
ShaunWhite

tb_smoelf wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 am
Hi.
I'm struggling, to find out how to extract data from BetAngel to a spread sheet.
In this search I have seen a rule in the "Automation" section.
"Export profit and loss report". What does it do?
Best, Tim
Seach for 'excel' in the online manual rather than the forum, it's all there.
Eg. https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/con ... 3D&mw=MzIw
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:03 am
It saves a snapshot of the market profit and loss values at the time of the trigger. The values are appended to a date-stamped CSV format file (that can be read by Excel), so that one file per day is produced.
The folder containing the data files can be found by clicking the 'Explore profit reports folder' button at the top of Bet Angel Guardian in the 'Automation' tab.
I have selected the 'Explore profit reports folder' button, but i click to open the file location "explor profits reports folder" nothing is in there. Can anyone help?
CallumPerry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwm1W131b4w

Here you go mate.

You firstly need to create an automation rule (all in the above video) to record your trades then you need to apply this rule to each market you'd like information on (using the drop-downs in the automation column in Guardian). Then you can click on 'Explore Profit Reports Folder' and there should be information in there then.

Hope the helps! :)
wtvar

is there a way to export which automation was used on the market also?
or a workaround to get this?

having to manually record which automation was used on each market seems inefficient
CallumPerry

I've always just made strategy 1 use £2.01 stake, strategy 2 uses £2.02 stake etc so then afterwards when I come splitting the data up you just do it via the stake; nice and efficient.
firlandsfarm

CallumPerry wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:55 pm
I've always just made strategy 1 use £2.01 stake, strategy 2 uses £2.02 stake etc so then afterwards when I come splitting the data up you just do it via the stake; nice and efficient.
Yeah I agree Callum, but it's not fool-proof when you go Live, how do you allocate part matched bets to a strategy! :(
CallumPerry

That has always been a struggle, unfortunately I do not have an answer to that. Perhaps some traders have a method but I tend to just open another instance of BA, simulate on practise mode for a bit or dedicate a day to just using the new strategy so I have some uninterrupted data. Not a solid workaround I agree.

Before I even get to that stage though, I've usually backtested against a LOT of markets so just disregard the partially matched bets. If I'm positive over a large number of markets then it goes live but I have to manually watch for any bugs in my rules. Probably miss a load truthfully.
Dabbla

Stored values appear in the log as a name.
If you fire a sv at the start of your testing called (what ever !!!) then that will appear in the log at the top.
CallumPerry

Ahhh didn't know that. In truth I only use automation for the exporting of results. All of my triggers are via Excel. The only reason I use automation is because the rules were already set up for me so it was easier. If you have a hybrid system like mine is there a way to distinguish strategies?

Nice to know if I ever dabble with simpler bots purely using automation I can do it via stored values.
Dabbla

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:04 pm
Ahhh didn't know that. In truth I only use automation for the exporting of results. All of my triggers are via Excel. The only reason I use automation is because the rules were already set up for me so it was easier. If you have a hybrid system like mine is there a way to distinguish strategies?

Nice to know if I ever dabble with simpler bots purely using automation I can do it via stored values.
Using the technique you posted above,
” I've always just made strategy 1 use £2.01 stake, strategy 2 uses £2.02 stake etc so then afterwards when I come splitting the data up you just do it via the stake; nice and efficient.”

You could fire a SV based on stake used (matched bets amount).

The other way to do it, but probably a lot of effort,
Fire a lay bet a 1.01 on the fav for strategy 1
Fire a lay bet a 1.01 on the 2nd for strategy 2
And so on
Then check for unmatched bet on the fav ,2nd then store a value against the one with a unmatched bet.
That would mean recoding your excel file. :roll:

Depending on what you’re doing, you could use this technique to start an excel strategy.
firlandsfarm

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:43 am
That has always been a struggle, unfortunately I do not have an answer to that. Perhaps some traders have a method but I tend to just open another instance of BA, simulate on practise mode for a bit or dedicate a day to just using the new strategy so I have some uninterrupted data. Not a solid workaround I agree.
I'm not a trader so usually I just fire one bet per runner/strategy and to try and keep a clear definition between strategies where the timing of the bet is not crucial is to set the time to fire the bet and then search for that time in the BetHistory download from Betfair but of course that only works once you go live for final testing and ongoing monitoring. It would be nice if we could put a flag on each bet (assign a stored value to a trigger rule?).
wtvar

rather than trying to re-invent the wheel does anyone have a basic excel sheet that takes the data from the log/matchedbet/p+l to make a basic results sheet?

tying in the "stored value" might be bit harder i guess but just the matched bets should be same everywhere
firlandsfarm

Obviously you can copy/paste all the various reports into one Excel workbook but that's a pain. You can easily amalgamate them into just one .csv file using the "copy *.csv" command in the Command window but it can get complicated identifying which is which because the market identifier is in the file name and not within the file, likewise the date. But if you are doing Racing then a runner only runs once per day so you can do some matching there. :) A good VB'er can do all this by code because I had some code that used to pull the football results from around the Internet and pushed them into a database but I'm not a good VB'er! You can learn VB yourself if so inclined or probably find someone to the east in one of the 'freelance' type websites to do it for a small fee, I once wanted something that would download all downloadable files from any webpage going 2 deep following links and it cost me just US$60 with a nice guy in Philippines who did it in a few days and went to great pains to ensure it was exactly what I wanted … I believe he now charges US$20ph compared to the £100ph many in the UK want.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”