Sorted by order of Favouritism Question.

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Willygubbins

When you are using automation rules and you are picking your selection by order of favouritism, how does guardian order horses with the same odds?
dt888

Im pretty sure if 2 or more horses are the same price it will default to the betfair row order for those horses to decide which positions of favouritism it will recognise them in. Maybe somebody else could confirm this
Willygubbins

dt888 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm
Im pretty sure if 2 or more horses are the same price it will default to the betfair row order for those horses to decide which positions of favouritism it will recognise them in. Maybe somebody else could confirm this
Cheers for the reply, so is row order the stall order?
Last edited by Willygubbins on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dt888

Row order would be the row index order (Betfair order)
Willygubbins

That is correct it does revert to the "Betfair Order" What in the hell do Betfair use to determine their order?
Dallas

Willygubbins wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 pm
That is correct it does revert to the "Betfair Order" What in the hell do Betfair use to determine their order?
Depends on the sport, football they are fixed ie, match odds always has home row 1 away row 2 and draw row 3,
In greyhounds the just use the trap number as the row index

For horse racing its a rough expectation of what they think the order of favoritism maybe, they can sometimes reorder them the following morning if this changes significantly since they open the market initially.
Willygubbins

Dallas wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:08 pm
Willygubbins wrote:
Depends on the sport, football they are fixed ie, match odds always has home row 1 away row 2 and draw row 3,

For horse racing its a rough expectation of what they think the order of favoritism maybe, they can sometimes reorder them the following morning if this changes significantly since they open the market initially.
Thanks dallas so there is no historic data i can use to dtermine what the betfair order would have been when dealing with historic data?
Dallas

Willygubbins wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:12 pm
Dallas wrote:
Willygubbins wrote:

Thanks dallas so there is no historic data i can use to dtermine what the betfair order would have been when dealing with historic data?
Im not sure what you mean?
Willygubbins

Dallas wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 pm
Willygubbins wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Ok, So here is a scenaro, i have a historic data set which includes betfair exchange odds pre off, say I want to use this data to look at the position of a runner by order of fav over a period of time pre off, lets say if the 3rd fav runner remains the 3rd fav at 15mins/5mins/3mins/2mins/1min before the off then i place a bet..... where i have the issue is if in my data have a 3rd/4th or 2nd/3rd fav runner or even 2nd/3rd/4th fav runners with the same odds, i currently have no way of being certain that they will be the same fav order as bet angel would have them. as i have no way to ref "Betfair Order" historically, therefore introducing a margine of error that i cannot reduce.
Dallas

Willygubbins wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:01 pm
Dallas wrote:
Willygubbins wrote:

Ok, So here is a scenaro, i have a historic data set which includes betfair exchange odds pre off, say I want to use this data to look at the position of a runner by order of fav over a period of time pre off, lets say if the 3rd fav runner remains the 3rd fav at 15mins/5mins/3mins/2mins/1min before the off then i place a bet..... where i have the issue is if in my data have a 3rd/4th or 2nd/3rd fav runner or even 2nd/3rd/4th fav runners with the same odds, i currently have no way of being certain that they will be the same fav order as bet angel would have them. as i have no way to ref "Betfair Order" historically, therefore introducing a margine of error that i cannot reduce.
The row order which Bet Angel shows is the same Betfair row order Betfair have.
As I said earlier and Spreadbetting said on your other thread the initial row order is based on Betfairs tissue price and is subject to change as a market starts to form, unless there is a WD runner the row index numbers will remain the same, hence you will get some out of sync as the start draws nearer and prices begin to move.
Unless you were collecting data by row index very ealy after the market opens ie, the day before the race it wont matter to you.

The order of favourtism is going to change for just about every sport in the run up to the off and will always be changing when in-play, depending how your working with your data you should be able to follow its order for the period you have captured.
Tuco

I've said several times on another thread about BA improveents that we need 'custom' ordering of selections as sometimes the Betfair order is no good at all - for instance when it includes substitutes or those who have substituted which get in the way of quickly finding your desired selection...please include this as per my requests in the improvements thread
Willygubbins

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:44 pm
Willygubbins wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:01 pm
Dallas wrote:

The row order which Bet Angel shows is the same Betfair row order Betfair have.
As I said earlier and Spreadbetting said on your other thread the initial row order is based on Betfairs tissue price and is subject to change as a market starts to form, unless there is a WD runner the row index numbers will remain the same, hence you will get some out of sync as the start draws nearer and prices begin to move.
Unless you were collecting data by row index very ealy after the market opens ie, the day before the race it wont matter to you.

The order of favourtism is going to change for just about every sport in the run up to the off and will always be changing when in-play, depending how your working with your data you should be able to follow its order for the period you have captured.
Dallas, My point is i can't be certain tht when i sort my data into order of favouritism that they are the same as befait because it uses the betfair order as the overiding factor when duplicate odds arise over several selections, i have looked at verius factors to be the overiding facroe and they only only work some of the time, I find it a little frustraiting that Bet angel would use the only thing that nobody can obtain to be the overriding factor in ordering by fav when duplicate odds occur.....
Dallas

Dallas wrote:

Dallas, My point is i can't be certain tht when i sort my data into order of favouritism that they are the same as befait because it uses the betfair order as the overiding factor when duplicate odds arise over several selections, i have looked at verius factors to be the overiding facroe and they only only work some of the time, I find it a little frustraiting that Bet angel would use the only thing that nobody can obtain to be the overriding factor in ordering by fav when duplicate odds occur.....
I must be missing something,
I collect pre and in-play data for a number of different sports and never had any problems when it comes to sorting their order etc. I always use lowest back price and when the same back price is captured for 2 or more selections it reverts the Betfair row order it was captured in which is the same on Bet Angel as it is on Betfair.
Willygubbins

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 pm
Dallas wrote:

I must be missing something,
I collect pre and in-play data for a number of different sports and never had any problems when it comes to sorting their order etc. I always use lowest back price and when the same back price is captured for 2 or more selections it reverts the Betfair row order it was captured in which is the same on Bet Angel as it is on Betfair.
Its a historic set of data that is not arranged in betfair order, it comes with the selections organised in the fav order of the 1min data,

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”