Stake option required to leave profits of a trade 'in play'

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jossy_79

Hi all,

Pretty new to this but learning gradually! I'm interested in what stake options I should use if I want to leave part of a trade 'in-play'. I realise I may have just used completely the wrong language in that previous sentence so apologies and perhaps an example would help!

I lay Under 1.5 Goals for a £10 stake and wait for a goal to be scored. That duly happens and instead of equalising out (greening?) what I'd like to do is to cover ONLY the original liability by backing Over 1.5 Goals and keep the remaining potential profit 'in play' hoping for a second goal. that way I'm neutral (scratch?) on being under but will make a bigger profit than the equalised bet if a second goal is scored.

I know how to set the signals for the first goal etc but I'm having trouble figuring out which combination of staking options to use. I've built a spreadsheet to work out the correlation between the lay stake and the back stake but this is obviously dependent on the odds at the time. I can't figure out how to translate the correlation equation into a staking strategy and I've now reached the limit of my mathematical capabilities!

I thought I'd post here and you guys might be able to help shortcut the whole process and give me the answer?!! You can then roll your eyes and explain how simple it is :-)

Thanks in advance for any help! Please feel free to correct my terminology too!

Jossy
Dallas

If you lay to a liability by using the staking option 'By Liability (back & Lay)
you can then use the same staking option for your back bet

Here's an example rule that uses its
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=13663

Or an example of it being done manually
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13551
Jossy_79

Thanks Dallas! You're already my number 1 tutor on here - learnt so much from your posts. I'd read the first one before and it's just clicked what you meant by 'greater profit on the home and away teams'! I'm away now thanks a million!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”