Removing automation rules after target amount made

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
tbriggs166

Hi

I have been making and running a horse racing bot for a while now and it is working successfully however I was just wondering if it was possible in anyway that once a set amount for example £25 or bank percentage say 5% has been made that you can stop the automation rules on the remaining races for the day. What I am trying to say is if there are say 21 races in a day all with an automation rule and after 7 races you meet your target amount or bank percentage, that it can automatically remove the remaining 14 automation rules without human intervention. As sometimes allowing the remaining 14 races to run automation can result in losing money and therefore not making your target amount or bank percentage for that day.

Kind regards

Tom
ShaunWhite

Does it matter that the next fourteen are today or tomorrow? It also seems illogical to stop when conditions are favorable yet you'd persist if they were bad. 'Today' might be a £60 day and tomorrow a -£10 day or can you be certain you'll get 2x£25 days?

Enough editorialising though, the answer your question is that you can't, and with BA being so incredibly feature rich it might be worth asking yourself why it's not included.
tbriggs166

Yeah I agree with you on that completely and that is what i thought, why should it matter that the races are today rather than tomorrow and if you are ahead why not just continue but from the last 5 weeks of data collection it would have be of greater benefit to be able to be able to stop at a certain bank percentage overall even though as you state some days you can make more than the amount. But yeah to an extent can almost say that at some point in the day it will meet the desired amount/percentage.
ShaunWhite

Mmm stopping while you're ahead is another of those natural instincts that needs surpressing.

Is there anything in your data that indicates why the later races aren't so good? Possibly the poorer quality races they bookend the day with or those pesky NHF races they often finish with. Is 'later' including the evening stuff? Volume of money or field size differences? It just seems unlikely that it's simply because x races have been run or its after x o'clock.

It's always good to find patterns as you have but finding out why is even better.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”