Starting off

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
markkirwan

Hi Guys

I'm looking to learn about auto betting with Guardian and wondered are there any files I should download to start with?

I started reading all the threads but it might take a week or so as there are so many of them. So any help on which ones are especially good would be most welcome.

Mark
Dallas

I would start with the following

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11396
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13950
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11941
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11943

This one is too the shared files section where there are nearly 100 examples you can download depending on the sport to get you started
viewforum.php?f=43
johndunlop1000

Hi

hhmm, quick question from a Newb if I could ask..

Does closing the guardian window cancel any rules attached to any selection, instead of having to remove the rule manually.

ie: I create a rule to back at a certain price in play, I want to stop that rule triggering In play, does either logging out of angel or closing the guardian window guarantee that the rule will not trigger. Suppose i could just try in in practice mode.

Thanks to anyone that knows.
Dallas

Rules will still trigger with guardian closed, but if you close Bet Angel all rules will be removed from any markets you have them applied to

You said you want it to back at a certain price in-play but stop it triggering in-play?

there are plenty of conditions that can be used to tell when/when not to trigger
johndunlop1000

Thanks Dallas,

Next newbie question if you don't mind guys..

if I have a starting balance of say £1000 and I want to lay a selection, at say 5....... I ask for £250 from the back side of the market and get matched at 5

my liability is £1000. My question is, if I want to green up that trade will my starting balance need another £1000 to allow the back trades needed to green up or will Betfair allow the green up with a balance of £0 or is my original £1000 still available but ear marked only for the liability on the Lay.

Many thanks if someone knows what I mean.

john
ANGELS15

In your example if you laid something for £250 at 5's yes you have a liability of £1000. It it drifted to 6 you would have a potential 'green up' of £250 you could cash it out or betfair will allow you to use it to trade other selections in the market.
ANGELS15

If the price moved against you, you can can still exit but at a loss of course.
markkirwan

Can anyone point me towards a thread or file that works as I've tried 6 or 7 and have showed a loss in all of them?

OR

is it just me :roll:

I have only being looking at horse racing pre race but I'll look at in running or football as well.
wearthefoxhat

markkirwan wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:04 am
Can anyone point me towards a thread or file that works as I've tried 6 or 7 and have showed a loss in all of them?

OR

I have only being looking at horse racing pre race but I'll look at in running or football as well.
I haven't gone through all the links listed by Dallas although my I should imagine you have to adapt some of them to your own style of trading or sport.

eg: Automated Front Runner (if there is one)

I'd do a little research and take a view on a race. One race that might be of iinterest today would be;

Taunton 2.50

The favourite; Bridge of Cally. As I write, steady at 2.98. ;)
BofC.PNG
Very strong probability will front run with the likes of Zen Master and Never Learn tracking the leader. If that's possible, a Pre-Race trade is a good option as others may take a similar view. If not, In-Play, the automation may even green up before they reach the first fence! (just a few ideas there)

Is it a D.O.B? Not sure as the pre-race price may have come down too much before the off. For the selection to DOB, the race has to be run as forecast most of the way. (who knows?)

I believe automation has to be dove-tailed into a flexible/adaptable strategy and not just left to churn away while you sleep.

I
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

markkirwan wrote:

OR

Wearthefoxhat is right in his comment above.

The example files available for download only serve as a starting point to either demonstrate the setting up of a feature or how to a particular option work. Even if they were profitable at the time of uploading once 2-3 people downloaded it that profitability/edge will have gone and a lot of the files have had 500+ downloads now.

Each one will, therefore, require some degree of customizing and tweaking so its not triggering at the same time as 500 others and or applying to the right market types
wearthefoxhat

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 am
markkirwan wrote:

OR

Wearthefoxhat is right in his comment above.
About the only thing I got right.... :shock:

Had to red-trade on Bridge of Cally as the market didn't agree with me. There was good money for Smart Boy, who ran from the front and just held on.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”