Differentiate between OU markets in rule

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jimibt

Morning all - got a bit of a stupid dilemma. I have a rule (with variations) that fits both ou15 and ou25 football markets for the same game on many occasions. Obviously, in guardian i need to select the markets separately and attach the rules -no problem.

However, being slightly lazy, i'd like to use both rules inside the same physical rules file and allow the rule to be chosen automatically, depending on the market that it's attached to. This is simple if using two markets such as CS and OU as I can determine which is which based on the number of selections (19 for CS, 2 for OU).

THe issue with using this against the ou15 & ou25 markets is the fact that both markets only have 2 selections, thus i can't use the little *trick* that i use on the CS/OU differentiation. I had thought about looking at the opening odds to determine the market and setting a signal that indicated that we were looking at ou15 or ou25, but this seemed even more friggy than looking at selection counts...

As i said it is laziness (but in part, safety consideration -i.e. that i don't inadvertently attach an ou15 rule to an ou25 market!1 ouch).

Any thoughts you bright young things??
sionascaig

I take it you are not loading up both the ou15 & ou25 markets "at the same time", then selecting them separately?

If so just load up the ou15 market then apply appropriate rule file, rinse and repeat with ou25 markets (easy enough done as a batch if you sort on the automation rules column) ...

I'm assuming you are already doing this but thought it best to check )
jimibt

sionascaig wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:16 am
I take it you are not loading up both the ou15 & ou25 markets "at the same time", then selecting them separately?

If so just load up the ou15 market then apply appropriate rule file, rinse and repeat with ou25 markets (easy enough done as a batch if you sort on the automation rules column) ...

I'm assuming you are already doing this but thought it best to check )
yes, this is exactly what i do presently and it's no HUGE deal. however, i'd like to merge both rules so that i can apply the blanket rule across all markets (ou15 and ou25) that i suck into guardian, irrespective of ou15 or ou25.

it's a combo of laziness, pragmatism and safety (i.e. in case i inadvertently assign an ou15 game to an ou25 rule). as i said, i do have a similar concept at play with a single rule that works against CS and OU25 markets, but those are easily discerned due to differing selections in each market

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”