Guardian And Excel Working Together

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Ourkid123uk

Hi,

I have a strategy that selects a horse using VBA and excel. I can return my selection however I like. Eg, cell return the name or number or even have it issue commands.

I would like to use Guardian though after I have my selection to place back and lay bets in-play.

Is there ANY way to either set a signal for the selection I have made in excel in Guardian so it only bets on this selection?

Even if by placing a command like a back bet then cancelling it in excel could I use that to find my selection in Guardian?

Failing all the above could I run all the betting rules in Guardian and make excel auto cancel using VBA all Guardian rules on the other horses? I tried this with mixed results as the order changes within Guardian etc

ANY help appreciated,

Thank you
nigelk

Failing all the above could I run all the betting rules in Guardian and make excel auto cancel using VBA all Guardian rules on the other horses? I tried this with mixed results as the order changes within Guardian etc
Untested but don't see wht it wouldn't work.

Once excel has detected a bet made via Guardian, get to to populate all the other stauts cells with the word "Placed", if Guardian placed another bet it should then be ignored.
Ourkid123uk

Thanks Nigelk ill test that now. I presume because Excel will hold all the other bets Guardian is trying to place i wont have to even use the Fix Order Selection rule?

You have been the best help on this forum for me by far, i really appreciate your time.
nigelk

Are you placing your bets via excel or automation?
Ourkid123uk

Automation, your right! So how do i use the Fix Selection Order? Just once at the top?
Ourkid123uk

Basically the Guardian swaps my excel page automatically 45 seconds before next race then excel VBA makes my selection. Using your idea im again using VBA to put “PLACED” in all status cells other than my selection and constantly clearing the status cell for my selection.

Guardian then Backs and Lays In-play.

How do I keep the same order of Guardian and my Excel sheet (based on standard BetAngel Spreadsheet) so that I’m preventing bets from Guardian Backing it Laying horses other than my selection in excel?
PeterLe

Ourkid123uk wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:52 am
Hi,

I have a strategy that selects a horse using VBA and excel. I can return my selection however I like. Eg, cell return the name or number or even have it issue commands.

I would like to use Guardian though after I have my selection to place back and lay bets in-play.

One way you could do it...After you have selected the horses that you want to bet on during the day, you place a £2 lay bet on that horse at 1.01 using excel
Then you get guardian to only activate by creating a rule that has a condition that states only fire when have > 1 bet unmatched.

If the horse goes on to win you will lose 2p (you could actually build a rule to cancel the bet if the back odds ever get <1.2 for e.g. if you're bothered about the 2p)
Hope that helps
Regards
Peter
Ourkid123uk

Great suggestion, thank you.

Presume I could back at 1000 to make unmatched bet too?
PeterLe

Yes but you would lose £2 everytime unless it won of course
Ourkid123uk

Perfect.

Really appreciate your help,

Thank you.

Andrew

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”