Help Needed Re Tennis Automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
dogs

Hi All

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I've had a look around the forum and I can't find the answer I'm looking for, so I am hopeful some can help me.

I have an automated in play tennis trade which places a lay bet when a specific matches/sets scoreline is reached.

Often the bet is placed but the market quickly moves away from this bet, and it never gets matched. I want this one to be cancelled and for it to try again, so I use the following logic:

Lay bet at best market price,. fill or kill 11 secs, re-arm every 12 secs, fire 10 times, when No. unmatched bets = 0.

The part i can't figure out is how to prevent further bets being placed when I do get matched. I initially considered setting the No. matched bets condition to be >1 but I have a number of other rules in this bot and so there is the possibilty that there may already be matched bets in the market.

I suspect there may be a simple way to do this, but it eludes me - any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Dallas

On your parameters tab under global settings you could try using 'Stop on opening bet' that will chase the price for you, so if its set at 5 and you back to 3.50 and the price shortens when it gets to 3.25 it will move the bet down for you.

Another option is to 'Checkpoint' matched bets (which basically resets them, depending on your other rules as to if / how this can be used.
But assume there was just this one running then you could add a 'matched bets condition = 0
the rule will stop after 1 is then matched.

Then add a checkpoint matched bets rule with a fixed score condition that its 15-0 to ANY player, that will then reset the count back to zero ready for your rule above to run again on another game
dogs

Thanks so much for the suggestions, I wouldn't have thought of either one to be honest!

I will try your first suggestion as my first option as it sounds the most straightforward.

Thinking about Checkpoints, would it be possible for the rule to detect the number of matched bets currently in the market, and then stop trying to place them when this number is incremented by 1?
Dallas

dogs wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Thinking about Checkpoints, would it be possible for the rule to detect the number of matched bets currently in the market, and then stop trying to place them when this number is incremented by 1?
If you mean increment by 1 from a signal the problem would be is its incremented as the bet triggers (not matched)
unless I've mis understood?
dogs

Dallas wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:14 pm
dogs wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 pm

If you mean increment by 1 from a signal the problem would be is its incremented as the bet triggers (not matched)
unless I've mis understood?
Sorry yes - typo there, I did mean 1.

I think I get what you mean - so once the rule triggers, the lay is put into the market, and the rule then increments the running total by 1, but whether that bet has been matched or not is not yet known.

Its my first serious serious attempt to create a bot - I have a net profictable trade and it is pretty simple so it makes sense to automate it, but its amazing how much thought you have to put in to create something which is bullet proof enough and equal to a human in all of the likely scenarios.
Dallas

Yes there can be a lot of things to consider which you won't always of thought of prior to making it automated, that said if its a known profitable edge, once it's done especially in tennis having the ability to run on multiple markets simultaneously, will make it very worthwhile
dogs

Yes, that's it in a nutshell - the problem with manual trading is that I can't trade all of the markets all of the time. I guess that its also because its the first time I've set one up and I'm working things out for the first time.

I imagine one you've created a few that you develop a kind of template for them.

Thanks again for you help, I'll see if I can implement the suggestions.
mjay

@Dallas, on this point when you were helping me with automating some lay rules last month, your file included:

"Place at 3rd best market price".

I can see how this helps ensure a back bet gets matched, but does this mean that say the current lay price is 1.25 then a lay bet is placed
at 1.23 or 1.22 or is the bet placed at 1.27 i.e in this situation the 3rd "worst" market price and thus increasing the likelihood of matching?

thanks
Dallas

Using the ladder below
If you placed a lay bet at the 3rd best price it would be placed at 4.1
If you placed a back bet at the 3rd best price it would be placed at 3.8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjay

Thanks Dallas, very clear and just what I needed to know!

I too struggle to get matched on automated rules and often just small amounts. Maybe this is due to the scoreboard and inplay delay?
Dallas

mjay wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:53 pm
Thanks Dallas, very clear and just what I needed to know!

I too struggle to get matched on automated rules and often just small amounts. Maybe this is due to the scoreboard and inplay delay?
Its usually the delay because you can cancel bets at any time, the delay is only on placing/modifying them.

So even if just you and I were trading against each other from home using the same pics I could pull my orders before you took them, even if you clicked 1 or 2 secs ahead.
And of course, a lot of people do stack money all over esp on the bigger matches then pull at the last sec if it's not favorable to have it matched anymore
dogs

I think I have worked out a way to get matched using Dallas' suggestion of using 'Stop On Opening Bet'.

I have armed it to trigger only once, but set the stop to offset at 100 ticks. That way it then actually tries to lay at the best available price again.

Trouble is the rain delays in the tennis today have prevented me from trying it for real, but Bogota is starting soon.
mjay

is this still working for you?

Do you use stop trigger (ticks) 100 and place at (ticks) 100?

thanks
dogs

mjay wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm
is this still working for you?

Do you use stop trigger (ticks) 100 and place at (ticks) 100?

thanks
Yes, I've had it running for the last couple of days and its working as I want it. I am using a stop on opening bet, stop trigger at 2 ticks, place at ticks 100.
mjay

thanks - I don't know what I am doing wrong. I only ever lay between sets or games so the odds should be more stable. Certainly there is never an issue when manual trading. I have the trigger at "3rd best market price" and am trying your stop on opening settings and yet rarely do I get bets filled fully - a £10 liability is only matched for say £6 liability - very frustrating

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”