Combined liability on two selections

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
simonv74

Morning,

I'm trying to make a rule which lays two selections only if their combined liability does not exceed £x amount.

Hypothetically I have two runners in situation one:

Horse one: 1.40 to lay
Horse two: 2.10 to lay

Total liability to £2 stakes = £3 - place bets

In situation two my two runners are:

Horse one: 1.65 to lay
Horse two: 1.95 to lay

Total liability to £2 stakes = £3.20 - do not place bets

I've tried various if runner one is <2.0 and runner two >1.50 etc. but the combinations go on forever, just wondered if there's a simpler way to achieve this, if at all possible.

Thanks
jimibt

ok, 1st off, not sure if i understand the way you are viewing liability. if they are both on the same market, then you will only have the liability for the HIGHER of the two lays. Assuming you had two lays on 2 odds (for simplicity), and you placed a £1 liability on each, you'd only be liable for £1 max as only one runner (normally) will go on to win. However, that's a moot point.

Regards your query, you could use Stored Values to achieve this balance. Basically, you could set stored values on each of your runners (IP% on either lay or back) and only place your bets if the sum total of the IP%'s was between x & y. i would whip something up just now to illustrate, but am not near BA at the moment. Will try and get something over the next day or so (unless Dallas of course steps in :D)
jimibt

you had a duplicate thread... mentioned it in the other one to save things spiraling out on a limb..
simonv74

Yes, sorry, realised I'd posted the question in the wrong place.

Regarding combined liability, it's for place market bets, sorry again, should have made that more clear! So you could have 2 wins, 1 win 1 loss, 2 losses.

I've not really looked at the stored values yet, it would be very helpful if you could illustrate? Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”