What's the best system to run automation on?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
simonv74

Hi,

Wondered what everyone uses to run their automation rules?

I'm currently testing some rules but get wild variations between systems.

I have an i5 PC running Windows 10, an i7 laptop running Windows 10 and Windows 7 running on a VPS (Quad core 2.6mhz), all using latest version of Bet Angel with identical settings, streaming to 20ms.

Having all three running concurrently yet they all appear to fire bets, hedge etc. at complete random. On one machine I could have a green trade then on another that profit is mirrored in red.

I can't fathom how there could be such discrepancies. Which is the best system to use to achieve the 'truest' results?
BetScalper

Using real money on all devices or demo ?
simonv74

Currently in demo mode. Would that account for the wild differences?
BetScalper

simonv74 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:18 pm
Currently in demo mode. Would that account for the wild differences?
Demo mode, your bets never hit the live market, which in most cases means, its pointless doing it. Plus at somepoint BF will block your account unless you hand over £299.

You should use £2 real bets or whatever the minimum bet amount is for your country.

I once had a system which worked perfectly in demo mode only to crash and burn in live mode.

BetAngel simulates your bets being matched in demo mode which is not always the case in live mode. Especially in fast moving markets in-play etc.
ShaunWhite

If you're getting such big differences I guess you're trading in-play?

If that's the case then even in live mode you'll find some differences between your systems. The low IP liquidity and rapid changes means that it's fastest finger first to the money, that could be a 2nd machine in your office or somebody else's machine down the street.
simonv74

No Shaun, it's pre-off, identical Bet Angel versions and settings.

Only thing I can attribute it to is how the processors are working on each machine, how many times they are able to process the rules.
ShaunWhite

Are you using restricted refresh or cycling through all the markets in Guardian ?
northbound

How many markets does your Guardian have to refresh at the same time?

With 20ms, you can refresh max 50 markets per second (1000ms / 20ms = 50).

I suggest you look into the Restrict Refresh functionality to work around this 50 limit.
Last edited by northbound on Tue May 15, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonv74

Same for all, restricted refresh to 900 seconds.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”