L2B rule

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Niko

And I have observed that the odds on BF clearly don't acurately reflect the onscreen pictures with regards position of horse or how well its jumping/running
northbound

sukhvirdee wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:32 am
Thanks @northbound.

How will the rule know which Horse to close the trade on?
As I explained in my message (please re-read it), you set a signal on the selection when you place the lay bet.

Then you make automation close the trade on that selection only if the price dropped AND the signal for that selection is set.
ShaunWhite

sukhvirdee wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:25 pm
There are a number of conditions that make my applications of the rules "safer" but not 100% safe. I have been bitten by horses that magically collapse 12L in the lead and others that fly in from the back.
I can't see any condition that would make this strategy 'safer'. I also think the price fluctuations will often trigger your stop on what would have been a profitable bet. They don't have to collapse or win to do that, it happens almost every race.
ShaunWhite

Race 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

yes, shaun, i think a picture paints a thousand words (or lost ££). having hammered away at every angle on this IP stuff, i've gone to the other extreme when laying and am often placing lays sub 2 with small/medium offsets to catch those kind of scenarios that your graph illustrated. seems more risk/reward oriented to place a stake of £50 and have £10-£15 returned, than place £100 at the top end for a £2 return..
sukhvirdee

@shaun Ha! Yes, saw that, shocker!

My rules try to avoid such scenarios and aim to be "safer" by ensuring the Layed horse is at least the 4th in running.

It all worked well for about a month and was comfortably doing £250 a day until I had two bad shocking days this week.

I still don't understand how to do the second part of what @northbound is suggesting. I have set a signal when the Lay happens. But I don't know how to "Then you make automation close the trade on that selection only if the price dropped AND the signal for that selection is set."

I can create a new rule with type of "Close trade on selection with Greening", but how do I know what selection that will apply to? I need it to apply to the selection that has been Layed, obviously.

Would it be possible to show me the parameters and conditions I should use for this?

Thanks again for all your comments. A great community!
northbound

Here’s Bet Angel user guide on signals

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/usi ... 3D&mw=MzIw
ShaunWhite

sukhvirdee wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:23 pm
It all worked well for about a month and was comfortably doing £250 a day until I had two bad shocking days this week.
jimibt wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm
i'm just saying that this might be a dangerous game to play for very limited rewards per race.
He knows y'know, (a little Hylda Baker ref there for our younger viewers)

1959....That's almost as old as Memphis :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”