Bet Angel - Backing Pre off or at BSP then hedge/green/red up in play

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
gstar1975

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 am
So if I wanted to add a couple of conditions to stop this from happening would it be something like this for example:

1. Cancel all bets if the number of qualifying horses are less than the current best back price of the fav at the official off time
2. Cancel all bets if the number of qualifying horses are less than the BSP price of the fav at the 1 second after actual off time
or 3. If the number of qualifying horses are less than the current best back price then add 1 to the stop loss price
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:16 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:31 pm

I would like to hedge at 1.01 as horses do lose at 1.01 and that will effect my over all profit. I may decide to just put in the net stake at 1.01 to increase the profits instead of hedging, i will have to run it through my profit and loss spreadsheet.
Easiest thing to do is add another green up rule with a fixed odds condition that the selections lay price is equal to 1.01
gstar1975 wrote:
one question: How does Betangel know how many horses Starting price are under 10.0? and how does it know to place the stop loss at the price/number of horses that are under 10.0?
Sorry mis read that part and thought the stop was being placed at odds equal to the number of runners (not the number whose odds where under 10.0),

To start with on your close trade rule you'll need to forget the 'number of selections' I advised above

You will also now need a 'Set/Modify Signal rule'to create a signal and increment it in value

Then add the following two conditions to this signal 'rule'
'fixed odds condition' selections back price is less than 10.0
'signal set condition' a signal for a selection is NOT set with a value

Basically this is setting an increased signal value on each runner < 10.0, which will identify the number of runners below 10.0

Then on the close trade rules add a signal value condition to each of them

So it would look like

Close trade on selection with greening
Number of place bet triggers condition is equal to 1
Signal value condition is equal to 3
Fixed odds condition selections back price is greater than 3

What I have just thought of when typing this part is what happens if there are only 1 or 2 runners below 10.0 or if the fav BSP is already greater than the number of runners below 10 (ie, above the odds you're going to set your stop-loss at?)

You'll need to factor all that in and include some conditions around what you decide
What do I put in to the option "is the signal named"? for the Signal rule
and in the close trade rules "The value of the signal named"?
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
gstar1975 wrote:

I would like to hedge at 1.01 as horses do lose at 1.01 and that will effect my over all profit. I may decide to just put in the net stake at 1.01 to increase the profits instead of hedging, i will have to run it through my profit and loss spreadsheet.
Easiest thing to do is add another green up rule with a fixed odds condition that the selections lay price is equal to 1.01
gstar1975 wrote:
one question: How does Betangel know how many horses Starting price are under 10.0? and how does it know to place the stop loss at the price/number of horses that are under 10.0?
Sorry mis read that part and thought the stop was being placed at odds equal to the number of runners (not the number whose odds where under 10.0),

To start with on your close trade rule you'll need to forget the 'number of selections' I advised above

You will also now need a 'Set/Modify Signal rule'to create a signal and increment it in value

Basically this is setting an increased signal value on each runner < 10.0, which will identify the number of runners below 10.0

So it would look like

What I have just thought of when typing this part is what happens if there are only 1 or 2 runners below 10.0 or if the fav BSP is already greater than the number of runners below 10 (ie, above the odds you're going to set your stop-loss at?)

You'll need to factor all that in and include some conditions around what you decide
Regarding the Green Up rule for 1.01, its seems you are suggesting that the automation will only hedge when the price hits 1.01 whereas I want it to basically hit the green at 1.01 so that the hedge figure is placed ready to get matched as the race goes in play and after the back bet has gone in on the fav at BSP
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 am
So if I wanted to add a couple of conditions to stop this from happening would it be something like this for example:

1. Cancel all bets if the number of qualifying horses are less than the current best back price of the fav at the official off time
2. Cancel all bets if the number of qualifying horses are less than the BSP price of the fav at the 1 second after actual off time
or 3. If the number of qualifying horses are less than the current best back price then add 1 to the stop loss price
The easiest way is probably to add a signal value condition to your back bet rule to test the value is greater than 'X'
Then add a fixed odds condition that the fav's back price is greater than 'X'

Those two will give all the flexibility needed
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:07 pm
Dallas wrote:
gstar1975 wrote:

gstar1975 wrote:

So it would look like

What do I put in to the option "is the signal named"? for the Signal rule
and in the close trade rules "The value of the signal named"?
Whatever you called the signal your setting in your 'set/modify signal rule'
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:31 pm
Dallas wrote:
gstar1975 wrote:

gstar1975 wrote:

So it would look like

Regarding the Green Up rule for 1.01, its seems you are suggesting that the automation will only hedge when the price hits 1.01 whereas I want it to basically hit the green at 1.01 so that the hedge figure is placed ready to get matched as the race goes in play and after the back bet has gone in on the fav at BSP
You can't use an offset with 'take SP' so you will need to trigger the bet in-play and have it 'placed at' actual SP, then on the parameters tab you can use the offset option under 'global settings'
gstar1975

To make it clear and simple, these are the steps I would like to automate:

At 10 seconds out Place Back bet on favourite at 1000 with a fixed stake of £10
Select Take SP
Market goes inplay
Favourite gets matched at BSP with £10
Count number of horses under BSP 10.0 including the fav, say there are 5 (10 runners BSP priced 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, 10.5, 11.5, 12.5, 13.5, 14.5)
Right click on Price 5.0 to set Stop Loss
Scroll down to 1.01
Click on Green hedge figure
gstar1975

Hi Dallas

What if I used the Betangel Spreadsheet to count the number of runners under 10.0 then link that cell to Betangel automation rule to read this cell and then place the stop at that price?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 am
Hi Dallas

What if I used the Betangel Spreadsheet to count the number of runners under 10.0 then link that cell to Betangel automation rule to read this cell and then place the stop at that price?
No, as per my first response you cant combine excel and advanced automation, the whole thing needs to be one or the other
gstar1975

Hi Dallas

Please find attached copy of the automation file I have created. It only places the back bet. Can you have a look at it please and tell me what needs amending to get it to work properly. Only if you have time of course. Or anyone reading this.

Many Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:32 pm
Hi Dallas

Please find attached copy of the automation file I have created. It only places the back bet. Can you have a look at it please and tell me what needs amending to get it to work properly. Only if you have time of course. Or anyone reading this.

Many Thanks
I won't have the chance to check your file for a while so I've quickly put this together for you, I've not tested it so try in PM first but it should do what you want
gstar1975

Thanks for that Dallas I really appreciate your time spent on this.

I tried it out today and it worked. But not exactly but close enough. The only thing is I added a rule that greens all selections when the price hits 1.01 it stops the stop loss rules from triggering. Firstly I tried a rule place a lay bet at 1.01 with net stake as it goes in play and also the green all at 1.01 rule an they worked when it went to 1.01 but i noticed this stop the stop loss rules from triggering so i removed them and it worked again. There must be a conflict.

Is there somehow i can get around that or are they conflicting rules?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 pm

I tried it out today and it worked. But not exactly but close enough. The only thing is I added a rule that greens all selections when the price hits 1.01 it stops the stop loss rules from triggering. Firstly I tried a rule place a lay bet at 1.01 with net stake as it goes in play and also the green all at 1.01 rule an they worked when it went to 1.01 but i noticed this stop the stop loss rules from triggering so i removed them and it worked again. There must be a conflict.

On the close loss rules, there is a 'number of place bet triggers condition' is equal to 1

Change this on each of them to equal 2
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 pm

On the close loss rules, there is a 'number of place bet triggers condition' is equal to 1

Change this on each of them to equal 2
I've tried that but now the stop loss does not trigger.
gstar1975

Hi Dallas

The problem I forsee and one that Peter has noticed is that the liquidity in inplay markets are so that its hard to get out using a stop loss if you are backing, but what if I was to turn it around and do the opposite as its easier and more likely to get filled on a lay bet with a stop in play rather than a back bet with a stop in play/

If I wanted to do the opposite and lay the fav at BSP and then put stop loss at BSP divided by the number of horses under say 20.0.

So if say the fav BSP was 2.50 and there were 5 horses under 20 I would put the stop at 2.5-1 so 1.5 then divide by 5 = 0.3 +1 = 1.30 place stop at 1.30

How would I change the rules to suit this method?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”